Aa
A
A
Close
Worried HSV2 mom
I have had HSV2 for about 12 years with frequent recurrences. Yesterday I was lying on my side in bed with a pair of shorts that fit me kind of loose and are VERY short. My 2-year-old climbed up behind me and I felt his knee touching skin on my lower (kind of towards the inner) buttocks that was exposed.  I immediately pulled away.  I didn't have any visible oubreaks, nor did I feel any prodrome symptoms.  But I am so scared that he may have been exposed to hsv2 if I was possibly shedding asymptomatically.   My concern is that he was playing on the rug a little while prior and may (possibly) have had microscopic abrasions on his knees.  The contact was quick (maybe 2 seconds, if that), but I just can't remember if it was a quick actual "rub" or more of a tap.  I'm worried sick about this. I always try to be so vigilant in making sure he is never at risk.....I feel so stupid and will never wear those shorts again.  Can you please tell me whether my fears are Well-founded or I'm overreacting.  Thank you.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Also, I looked at his knee after and he had no visible abrasions.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
this was absolutely no risk at all to your child!!

grace
Comment
Cancel
101028 tn?1419606604
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you so much for your help, Grace.  I feel so relieved.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
just remember, we call it a sexually transmitted infection for a reason - it takes that sort of naked and intimate contact to transmit, not normal day to day contact like we have with our kids :)
Comment
Cancel
101028 tn?1419606604
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks. I do need to keep reminding myself of that!  It's just that since it was contact with my buttocks, I freaked out.   But thanks so much for allaying my fears.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
1998092 tn?1391246445
Blank