Herpes Community
Worried HSV2 mom
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried HSV2 mom

I have had HSV2 for about 12 years with frequent recurrences. Yesterday I was lying on my side in bed with a pair of shorts that fit me kind of loose and are VERY short. My 2-year-old climbed up behind me and I felt his knee touching skin on my lower (kind of towards the inner) buttocks that was exposed.  I immediately pulled away.  I didn't have any visible oubreaks, nor did I feel any prodrome symptoms.  But I am so scared that he may have been exposed to hsv2 if I was possibly shedding asymptomatically.   My concern is that he was playing on the rug a little while prior and may (possibly) have had microscopic abrasions on his knees.  The contact was quick (maybe 2 seconds, if that), but I just can't remember if it was a quick actual "rub" or more of a tap.  I'm worried sick about this. I always try to be so vigilant in making sure he is never at risk.....I feel so stupid and will never wear those shorts again.  Can you please tell me whether my fears are Well-founded or I'm overreacting.  Thank you.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Also, I looked at his knee after and he had no visible abrasions.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
this was absolutely no risk at all to your child!!

grace
Blank
Thank you so much for your help, Grace.  I feel so relieved.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
just remember, we call it a sexually transmitted infection for a reason - it takes that sort of naked and intimate contact to transmit, not normal day to day contact like we have with our kids :)
Blank
Thanks. I do need to keep reminding myself of that!  It's just that since it was contact with my buttocks, I freaked out.   But thanks so much for allaying my fears.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...