Worried about autoinoculation and some other questions
A couple of days ago I shared a drink with someone who I didn't know very well, and a few days later I developed a cold sore. I told my parents about this and they told me that I used to get cold sores when I was younger, but I haven't had one for as long as I can remember. Also, when this outbreak happened I didn't feel any of the symptoms, such as burning, itching, tingling, etc. I just had a cold sore on my bottom lip when I woke up one morning.

So my first question is, even though I already had the virus, is it possible that coming into contact with another cold sore caused me to have an outbreak?

Secondly, I hadn't even thought about the possibility of transferring herpes from my cold sore to my genitals, so I haven't been too careful about washing my hands and such. Yesterday, I started feeling a pain on my pubic bone area, but it only hurt when I put pressure on it, and it is only in one small area. The spot is above the base of my penis, on the area where pubic hair grows. There is no bump or blister there, it just hurts to put pressure on it.

I'm very worried that I somehow touched my cold sore(Maybe wiping my face with a towel after a shower and then using the same towel on the rest of my body?) and then touched my genitals and transferred the virus down there. Is it possible that this could have happened?
Hi, we really dont know why people have outbreaks and you really need direct contact to be at risk. Infants and toddlers can get it from sharing drinks but not adults. We do know it is often triggered by stress in the affected areas.
So you are saying that adults can't get hsv1 or hsv2 from a drink/eating utensil/towel etc? Because I've heard otherwise...
Infants and toddlers because our immune systems are more stable and strong.
My penis has also been throbbing but this is only like once every couple of hours.
sometimes this is in our minds due to anxiety