Aa
A
A
Close
Worried for my partner
Background:
I have been dating a woman for 8 months, I am mid 30 and my gf late 30's, I received std testing(minus herpes) back in December and was clean. I did not do the hsv test as I have had cold sores since I was a kid. Her status is unknown but was married for 10 yrs before we dated. She is aware I get cold Sores as we talked about it early on, I was not (stupidly) aware that you could transmit oral hsv-1 to the genitals, nor do I think she was aware of that. We routinely have unprotected oral and unprotected intercourse 3 - 5 times a week. and I am always cautious and if I get the typical tingling feeling we cease all contact with my mouth until symptoms have bee gone for a few days.

Situation:
Day 0, I had a tingle in my lips that only lasted a few hours, I thought I just burnt my lip from almost two packs of smoking the night before. Day 2, I performed unprotected oral and unprotected intercourse with my gf. appropriately 1/2 after finishing I started feeling the tingle in my lip again. I figured I had aggravated my lips, but the feeling did not go away. On day 6 I woke up with a cold sore. I told her that I now have a cold sore but I have not told her how worried I am about transmitting it to her.

Questions:
- What is her risk of contracting genital hsv-1 from me on this occasion?
- What is her risk of contracting genital hsv-1 from me typically?
- Should I tell her that I am worried about the risk of transmitting to her genitals?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
already answered on experts forum.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources