Herpes Expert Forum
Worried

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Worried

Dear Mr./Ms,

Last weekend I had sex with my girlfriend for the first time.  We had unprotected sex and we talked about our past.  Everything was fine.  Anyways, below is what transpired.

We had sex 5 times over the course of 3 days.  

1x Friday
2x Sat
2x Sunday

We'd go really hard for 45 - 1:15 minutes.  I'm pretty big and I had a hard time getting in.  A couple of times I felt the side of my penis getting irritated when we would go really hard.  (Note: It almost felt like my skin was running up against her shaved hairs. She was very stubbly). I'd pull my penis out 3/4 of the way and go in pretty hard. At one point I though I may have broke my penis because she landed on it the wrong way.  

Anyways, today I noticed very tiny little red dots on the very bottom of my head (5-6) and upper part of my shaft.  2 or 3 look to have tiny, tiny white heads. Depending on the angle.  It really looks like someone got a fine tip marker and put little dots there.

The area affected was the area that bothered me during sex.  I'd have a hard time fitting my head in and it felt like my skin in that area was being pulled during sex but I continued anyways.  

I've never noticed anything like this before.  They don't bother me and you don't notice them unless you look really close but I'm worried this could be the start of herpies (herpes) or something.

I think part of the problem is that she's petite and not very loose.  I'm fairly big and my penis when erect goes up towards my stomach. Some positions can really hurt initially like when she's on top or doggy style.

I didn't use any lubrication and I really wish I did.  Anyways could you please, please shed some light on this for me.

Thanks,
Stevie
Tags: worried, Skin, red
Most people who have herpes don't have to look hard or at different angles to see their herpes lesions, and most wouldn't describe them as a little dots.  It isn't possible to tell what's going on over the internet.  However, your symptoms sound more similar to a fungal infection than a herpes outbreak - like a yeast infection for women, only on your penis.  However, if they continue or get bigger or change in their character instead of just going away, I would strongly encourage you to have a clinician take a look at them.

And for certain, please use plenty of lubricant for sex with this partner in the future.  Many people think big is better, and to a certain size level that is true for some people, but I get far more complaints from women about their partner's penis being too big for comfortable intercourse than too small.  So in this situation, care needs to be taken so that everyone feels good and not painful.  

Terri
Thanks Terri.

It's a little better today.  The redness has gone down a little on one side and the other side is pretty much the same.  No lumps...just tiny red dots.

I've been making sure to wash it.  I could be me (most likely) but I thought it smells a tiny bit.

On Saturday night I didn't shower afterwords.  I always do due to being uncircumcised. We were both extremely sweaty but we just crashed.  On Sunday morning the skin felt (irritated) when I showered but no redness to my recollection.  

Sunday afternoon when we had sex it irritated (same area) me and I think it was because of her stubble.  (areas affected left & right side of penis)

Anyways, I plan on taking a break this weekend from any sexual activity and let things calm down.  Going forward I will use a lube and take things easier.

Thanks,
Stevie
good idea about the break.  Generally when men experience a "stripe" on one side of the penis, its fungal.  Hope it calms down for you.
Terri
Thanks Terri. It had to be a fungas. It's gone now. It was red last night and slightly itchy but in the morning it was gone. No signs at all.
Great!

Terri