Herpes Community
Worried..
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried..

About a month ago, I had sex with a girl that I didn't know at all and remeber noticing a red bump in her genital area afterward, although it was shaved and could've been a razor burn..

Well 2 days later I started experiencing an itching/burning sensation on my upper pubic region as well as on my groin.
I went to the health center and after examining they though it was scabies and gave me a cream for it. Well I knew that i couldn't be that as I had not see any little bugs crawling around my pubic area and even after using the treatment cream it still didn't get better.

Well I went home on vacation and saw my local doctor who said it deffinatley wasnt herpes and was some sort of yeast. He gave me clotremazole and bethamezine cream which i have been appyling for the last 2 and a half weeks. Several days after appyling it did start to get better and I experienced little to no itching for about a weeks time.

Then after that the burning sensation has come back and that is what i am experiencing now. I have still been worried that it has been herpes, even though I know that I am over reacting. I am still worried that I have herpes for some reason. I have not had any ulcers at all just some tiny bumps but they are always connected to hair follicles.
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
was this unprotected sex?

have you ever been tested for herpes before?

if it's been 2 1/2 weeks, you should stop applying that cream!

grace
Blank
From what I can remember I did use a Condom, but I'm not 100% sure. Though really the main irritation is on my thighs and upper pubic region. Though there is some mild irritation on my penis, and some itching on scrotum. I have gone to have it examined but no blood tests were given. Never had any blistering what so ever. Just a constant burning and rash.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
this sounds more like a fungal issue.

the cream you were given has a topical steroid in which isn't good to use for more than week. I'd switch to an otc jock itch cream at this point and apply it twice a day for another week and go from there.
Blank
Yea thats what I started doing this morning. Though when I looked down at my right groin I saw some pimple like white heads down there that seemed to have just begun forming. Could this be from over touching the area, or should I be worried about this?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
I wouldn't worry at this point that these are std related. if they are still there in a week, be seen again.
Blank
I got tested and was positive for HSV-1 and negative for HSV-2 at 6 weeks after exposure. Though I have never experience any coldsores up til this date. Recently I went to a concert and experienced a lot of friction on my groin area, the next day I had black scabs on the shaft of my penis. Is this anything that could be HSV related, or is it due to friction and irritated skin? I have also had quite a sore throat since, if that could add any clarity to the situation.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
these are not herpes related.

most adults test + for hsv1. only 20-40% of folks who have hsv1 orally, get obvious cold sores to know that they are infected. you really don't have any reason to think your hsv1 isn't oral.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank