Herpes Community
Worried

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Worried

I had unprotected sex with a woman a week ago and she had no visible symptoms of anything.  Matter of fact she's only had sex with one other man a year ago in secret as she is in a committed relationship with a woman.  She gave me oral and we had vaginal sex though it was limited.  

Over the weekend I saw pimple like sores on my groin area appear.  Just two bigger ones and not the type to hold fluid more like rashes with a little bump.  I have been known to have outbreaks down there before just acne or follicuitis.  Nothing at all on my shaft or head and they are not the kind to bust, plus I have no other symptoms save very mild discomfort.  I'm thinking my mind is playing tricks on me again.  They aren't sore to the touch or anything...  Please help as I am not sure exactly what it could be.  Am I having a hypochondriac moment?
you had unprotected sex so following up with proper testing at the proper times is in your best interest to protect your health as well as to be sexually responsible. you can get tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia, ngu and trich after 1 week post encounter.  syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months.  we don't have commercially available tests for hpv to properly cover that base.

you should be seen for your current symptoms to get a proper diagnosis. we'd totally be guessing as to what is going on.  does it sound like a herpes rash? no it does not.

grace
Thank you very much... I still haven't had any other symptoms other than itchy and burning sensations in the area.  No other bumps have appeared and no other symptoms like swollen glands, flu like feeling, burning when I urinate, etc.  One bump is all but gone and the other looks the same but nothing on my head or shaft.  There is a weird pain in the area but nothing from a sore... I plan to get the home test kit from walgreens soon and get checked out.
have you ever been tested for herpes before to know your own status?

what sort of home herpes testing kit are you planning on using?
Yes, I have been tested multiple times for all STDs and each time I've been clean.  After every new woman I sleep with I sometimes freak out and think I've acquired something.  I tend to have folliculitis breakouts anywhere hair is located and I always get real nervous.  My skin is easily irritated so after having sex if I don't wash soon enough I breakout, if I trim my hair there sometimes I breakout, or apparently even baby powder can break me out.  

There are home testing kits at walgreens but none for herpes I believe.  
you can buy home pcr swabbing kits some places - wanted to make sure you weren't wasting your money on that overly priced thing!

just make sure herpes testing is included in your std testing to properly cover your bases :)
I haven't had the test yet but I still have itching and burning around my penis and groin area. No other bumps, lesions, or rashes either.  No discharge or buring when I urinate either... is this a yeast infection?
Also, STD tests are expensive!!  I wish I could take a picture and send it to someone...
why would you let complete strangers look at  pictures of you?  as far as you know you'd be getting opinions from the guy that changes your oil at the garage!!

usually these are jock itch symptoms. follow up on them monday with your provider for better answers.