Yeast Infection, Vaginal Strep B, AND Herpes??
On Wednesday I went to the gyno with what I thought was a yeast infection. I was having extremely painful itching and burning to the point  where I would avoid using the bathroom. She did a pap smear and several cultures, and told me I had a few " lesions " which she thinks are herpes sores. She couldn't tell for sure without blood tests but said she was about 70% sure it was herpes because of the "classic symptoms". I was pretty upset, naturally. She prescribed Valtrex and Diflucan, and the following day called and said I had tested positive for Vaginal Group B Strep but the other tests hadn't come back. My question is, could the sores be from the Strep, or could they have been the results of wearing tight jeans and scratching? Or is it pretty clear I have herpes ? She gave me an antibiotic for the strep and an ointment for the itching / burning, but it seems to be getting worse instead of better probably due to the increased stress of not knowing. I've recently also been having slight hair loss and fatigue but I think that's all due to PMS. I'm scared... I'm open to any input anyone has out there..
Why didn't she culture the lesions she saw?

Depending on when you last had sex, a blood test might not give you good information. I'd wait for the results, though, before jumping to any conclusions.