Herpes Community
Yeast infectin or herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Yeast infectin or herpes?

ok, i am 25 years old, and am experiencing the worst pain of my life.  It started out as a yeast infection.  Have had these in the past so i decided to do the monistat thing.  That didn't help and i was so incredibly itchy, that i thought i had just made myself raw down there.  then one night i found this lump on my right side, and kind of where my bikini line is.  that's when i decided to go to the doctor.  of course she scared the crap out of me and said that i had a few sores (duh) and she would test me for herpes.  i have been with 2 people my whole life and am currently with my fiance of 3 1/2 years.  i'm not stupid, i know it can happen if you've been with one person or 100 so i'm fine w/ her doing the test.  i have a few sores, but no blisters.  i have never had so much pain my entire life when i got to the bathroom.  it is unbearable.  i'm not sure if this is a yeast infection causing these sores or herpes.  any info would be greatly appreciated.  
what testing have you had done so far?
Has your fiance had any herpes testing done yet?

For pain, try soaking in the tubby with a packet of aveeno bath thrown in or some some epsom salts.  when you get out, go bottomless for as long as you can.

unless you have a medical reason not to, you can alternate tylenol and advil for pain relief comparable to some narcotics - ie tylenol 1000mg at 6 am, advil 600 mg at 9 am, tylenol at noon, advil at 3pm etc.

dermoplast spray  ( the blue can for the genital area, not the red can ), is a topical anesthetic you can use to spray on the genital area for pain relief. you can find it for under $10 at most drugstores.

did your provider give you any medications for herpes in case this is herpes?

grace
i feel for you..i have herpes on my butt hole and the pain is soo immense..swelling it burns to pee i cant ebven wipe the pain is bad...my doctor told me to lube it up with petroleum jelly real good and take ibufrofin.it helps but the friction of my butt rubbin together kills me so i always have to lube