Yeast infection? Herpes? Or both?
I was wondering if there is a possibility that yeast infection can cause any reaction to the HSV blood tests? Or is it possible to have HSV outbrakes only when having sexual intercourse?

Recently I was diagnosed with herpes 2. I went to the gyn to get tested because I was starting in a new relationship and I wanted to make sure everything was ok since I had a previous partner this year. When the gyn finish with the checkup he prescribe me Monistat (I didn't use it because I didn't want to affect my blood results). When I had my test results (done by Elisa) for HSV it came back positive for herpes 2 (2.3). I freaked out and I ask to my gyn if there was a possibility that the results may be wrong, he's answer was that the test were 100% sure and prescribe me valtrex. I didn't take the meds because (if I had herpes) I'm assymptomatic. I went for a second opinion (since I notice that the lab switch some of the tests and instead of doing HIV they made diabetes test) so I didn't rely on the results. The other doctor run the test for HSV IgM and IgG wich came IgM negative IgG herpes1 (negative) herpes2 positive (1.18). (The tests were made in the same month)

Previous to all of this when I was with my first partner [april-may 2012] I had "vaginal infection" (or the first outbrake) but when I went to the university gyn he told me that it was yeast infection and he made me brig my partner (at that time) and check him out so to be sure it was an infection. We were both prescribed with yeast infection meds and the symptoms were gone in 5 days (at least for me)  and the symptoms never recurred, they only resurfaced when I have sexual intercouse. I've always been very sentive in my area (since the first time) I have always had problem with it.

It's been 8 month since that possible HSV encounter I already talked to my past partner but he is and I quote "so happy with he's new relationship that he does not want to ruin it by having bad results" (wich confirms my suspicions of HSV). But I sill have questions and that is why I asks:
If there is a possibility that yeast infection can cause any reaction to the HSV blood tests? Or is it possible to have HSV outbrakes only when having sexual intercourse?