anal fissure from herpes
Ok, i'm pretty sure i have ghsv, not sure what type yet, getting results next week, symptoms started a month ago, started with one blister then spread to other blisters in my genital area.
I had a bump earlier this week right above my anus at the top of the crack of my rear, i coudln't see it at first but i could feel it, it kinda hurt when i sat but wasn't very painful.
1 day later after i noticed it ruptured and red mucousy pus came out, it felt better, no more pain but now there's a small fissure there,
I went to the doctor and got a herpes blood test, no results yet, but he said the fissure was normal probably from an ingrown hair and not from herpes.
what do you think?
At this point, it doesn't sound like what you are describing in the anal area is due to herpes but since a lesion culture of the symptoms wasn't done, hard to tell. at this point you need to wait and see if you even have herpes or not and go from there.

do you have a regular partner? If so have they been tested for herpes yet?

grace
I have gHSV2 and I get anal fisures as well. I'm not sure which one came first, but they seem and feel connected to me. I've never had anal sex either. You can get it anally from genital exposure. For me the way I can tell if its H is that the fissure is preceded by pain or itching, whereas sometimes I get the fissure with no warning from a tough BM. Hope this helps someone. Does anyone else suffer with both these conditions. I dont know how to treat it, since I'm not super clear on what is causing what. I think everyone should get the blood test as a routine part of a check up since this condition is so common and can be spread by people with no symptoms.