Herpes Community
are these normal genital herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

are these normal genital herpes?

about a week ago i kissed and had oral sex with someone, a few days later i felt slight pain down there but i assumed it was just shaving rash but i then got a coldsore on my lip which vastly spread to the point it covered my whole bottom lip. a bit anxious, i checked down there and saw clusters on bumps which i then assumed was genital herpes. i went to my doctor and he told me that they were genital herpes and put me on 800g Aciclovir which i am to take 5 times a day for the next week. i have been taking the medication for nearly 3 days but have found coldsore on my lip slowly disappearing and the blisters in my throat have pretty much gone but my genital herpes have gotten more and more painful to the point where painkillers don't have much more effect, peeing nearly brings me to tears and walking is extremely painful. i had a look down there and my clitoris is ridiculously swollen and covered in puss, looking more severe than when i first started the treatment. I'm pretty much bed ridden and have never had a herpes outbreak before so am unsure of what to do- its putting a real stress on my studies. is this the normal process of how genital herpes clears up and do i just have to wait a bit longer for the tablets to kick in? or should i get it checked out again?
have you ever had a cold sore before?

at this point try something like soaking in the tubby with epsom salts thrown in for comfort once or twice a day. also I'm not sure what otc topical anesthetics you can buy in the UK. might want to look in the hemorrhoid section of the drug store. make sure there aren't any steroids in the cream/spray you find to use.

you need to return to be seen again. I don't think this is puss on your clitoris but probably yeast going on. Make sure that they properly test you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally as well as enough time has passed they can also test for gonorrhea and chlamydia too to cover that base.  having vaginitis on top of a newly acquired genital herpes infection just makes things worse :(

did they do a lesion culture for herpes when you wer e initially seen to see if indeed this is herpes and if it's hsv1 or hsv2?

much easier to take acyclovir 400mg 3x/day than the 5x/day dose. they both work the same ( the 800mg 5x/day dose is a shingles dose ).

hang in there - it does get better!!

grace
Man I have similar signs now. I tried putting an ointment , carmex and I concluded with tucks which seem to me to bring out multiple bumps that seem to be hidden in my labia minora and outer area as well. I went to doctor and she indeed recommended a hot bath so that all fluids run out and said no ointments, also Valtrex 2 a day for now and antibiotics 4 times a day for infection if present. Took blood test and results will be back in a couple of days. This was a very painful experience and has been present fot 3 weeks without relief.
I had tested before with a culture and it was negative.
i remember my first outbreak i jist have genital herpes it was excrusiating especially to walk and pee. once the meds kick n.the genital will.start to.clear and it feel better. the first outbreak is the worst after that. its tolerable. Ita good to educate urself i started using natural oils and vitamin supplements to keep outbreaks down now i barely have one or 2 outbreaks  a year
What type of oils & vitamins do U take?
please don't hijack the original posters post with your own questions - thanks!