bump on buttocks
About 6 months ago a bump appeared on my lower buttocks.  It hasn't gone away.  I know this is not characteristic of Herpes, but I'm sort of freaking out over it.  I've been to 2 different doctors and they both said it is not herpes Finally I had the thing injected with steroids.  It went down to a small bump for a while but the got bigger again and had a waxy discharge.  Then it was just sensitive.  I tried to prick it with a needle which caused more inflamation.  Finally recently it popped like a boil.  I have no clue what it is and my doctors don't either.  I read that Herpes usually presents initially on the genitals and I've never had any problems in that area.  Does anyone have any clue what this might be?  It seems to be healing now and there is no leaky fluid or anything once it drained initially.... It's a little sore but not particularly painful way better than before it drained.  
this isn't herpes going on. herpes would not be present like this for 6months .

if your dermatologists are stumped, not likely we can do better then them that's for sure!

grace