Herpes Community
burning inside tip of penis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Viewing 201-210 comments:
I just took another test today ... If it comes back positive I will not be surprised however if it is negative again I will be like what is going on here. I know everyoe who is sharing on this forum can not be making this **** up. Sitting is the worse... however even when I am standing I can feel it as well... I have never felt so terrible in my life. Sleep is even work. How do you get back into a routine....I have appoinments with urologist, nuerologist and infectious disase specialist coming up.. I can not continue to feel liek this. Anyone else get a metallic type taste in their mouth? Or is this tingling? I don't even know anymore what normal is!!!!!!
I totally agree. Most doctors and even some of the experts on this board act as though this is impossible! Even with lots of people saying the same exact thing! I have come across people on multiple boards...not just this one..who have these problems only AFTER having sex with and HSV1 or 2 infected person!!! I know exactly what you mean about the metal tastes bro! I have that frequently. I have been to over 10 doctors of various specialties and only 1 said that my symptoms could be from HSV2 (he was kinda going with HSV2 might have triggered something esle) but still not sure. I think the link you posted above EVERY doctor should read and research. Also, people on this board should too and stop being so quick to dismiss the possiblity. Isn't it logical to assume there is a connection when there are people who have these issues only after sex (and most times with someone who has herpes). I email back and fourth with a few different people on this board who have similar issues. If you have any questions about my specific situation..let me know...
Any new updates... We know OttMar got Great News! Anyone else?
I saw another derm and urologist today - same old story - no way it is HSV but can't tell me what it is - recommended a psychologist
Guys, I am now 2 months without any problems.  You all really need to seek mental health.  It was 6 months of pure hell until i broke down...started taking zoloft and wouldn't you know it symptoms started getting better. Trust me when I say it is in your head....the little bumps and tingles are magnified...same ones you have always had just your mind making them bigger and more painful.  

Not one person has mentioned a symptom and possible cause that I didn't also think I had (I can add a few others if you like).

Shame and guilt have allowed are minds to takeover.  I could not get past it on my own, and suspect that many of your are in the same boat.  Stop wasting your time and money (about $2,000 personally).  IT IS IN YOUR HEAD......REALLY IT IS.....I  KNOW!
Finally i found someone who has the cloudy urine! i have this.. bubbly urine.. with shrikage of penis.. when i was in the uk i couldn't do blood test since they dont offer it.. but now im in a place where i can have the test.. do u recommend me taking the test?
I wish this was in my head. I have been told that by the doctors to a certain point. But in my case I know I was exposed to the virus and these symptoms I could not make them up if I tried. I have been on an SSRI for a few weeks now and it has calmed me down some but there is still pain. How do I explain the following:

Constant nerve sensations in my thghs, leg, buttock and back...Which do trael to other parts like arms and shoulder, face.

Shooting pains as well as significant abdominal pains

Pain in the groin area tip of penis get sore then better then sore again.

Skin on penis is very irritated at time and then seems to be fine.

metallic tase in mouth - This one is weird.

Muscles twitching

burning sensation in groin area. especially in the morning and night.

Have discomfort urinating before and after.

Frequent urination

white particle floating in urine

I have never had any kind of back pain in my life until all this and those sensations I would have remembered they did nto exist. Now the biggest caviat is that all of my test have show up negative. But I have read on hear where there are people who did nto becone positive via blood for 6 and even 9 months.

I pray you are correct that it is all just a bad dream unfortunately I think it is more like a nightmare!
I am no doctor but I can tell you if you keep looking for symptoms your gonna find them and then your mind is going to make them bigger than life....

1.) nerve sensations - Stress is causing this. Find a way to relax and transfer focus to something else.
2.)significant abdominal pains  - IBS -Irratiable Bowel Syndrome.  Again stress related.  See #1.
3.)Pain in the groin area tip of penis get sore then better then sore again.  Stop picking and poking.  This is sensative skin.  Use mild or no soap to wash off....needs time to heal.
4.)Skin on penis is very irritated at time and then seems to be fine. Same answer as #3
5.)metallic tase in mouth - Drink more water.  Lots of water.
6.)burning sensation in groin area. especially in the morning and night. -that's because at night you cannot go to sleep b/c you are focused on it.  In the morning its bad b/c you are hoping you wake up and it is gone.
7.)Frequent urination - B/C of Stress Stress and more Stress. Will go away when you forget about it.
8.)white particle floating in urine. not abnormal....I had this when i was pumping myself full of vitiamin C, Lyzine, or what everelse I was reading online to take....Stop taking crap drink alot of water and it will go away.
9.)I have never had any kind of back pain in my life until all this and those sensations I would have remembered they did nto exist. Now the biggest caviat is that all of my test have show up negative. But I have read on hear where there are people who did nto becone positive via blood for 6 and even 9 months......Get of the Net leave it alone for a couple weeks.....WE ARE NOT ALL THE MOST UNLUCKY 1-1,000,000 person out there.

Agian, I am not expert just someone who has been down the SAME path....

Good luck to you all, I hope what help me can be of help to you....We are not bad people, we had a lapse in judgement.....
Thanks for taking the tiem to write this up... You are correct when you say I am so focused on this. You give some logical explinations. I am going to try to disconnect here for awhile and see how this go. I will let people know my test results when I get them.
Just got back some test results at the 121 days post exposure.

HSV 1 neg <.91
HSV 2 neg <.91

Great news I will be taking some of Money's advice!
congrats!
congrats! very happy for you, definitely take moneytb's advice. I think we have to think positively and it will help put this behind us.

again, great news for you!
Neither HSV nor any other STD causes any shrinkage of penis. Unless you  stood out in winters cold its imposssible.  If std's caused this then there would be thousands or millions of men walking around with very small dicks.

I have bubbly urine too, amost like foam but it disapears in a few seconds, it is from what you drink and eat.

I had the 6 month Combined HSV 1/2 IgG, no antibodies detected. I know the test is not as accurate or does not type, but having a type specific test at 15 weeks and this at 6 months pretty much reassures me its not HSV....................................and guess what........I stopped thinking about it.......symptoms started to gradually disapear. No more examining myself 20 times a day. The mind can be a powerful thing. For some of us anxiety or stress syptoms (symptoms) can mimic almost anything and the list is looooong.
I am convinced these test are not that accurate. Last night the burning from the nuerothopy was killing me. I am also twitching at night while I sleep. Yes twitching is normal for all when falling asleep but this has been a problem with me over the last two months to the point where I can not get any sleep. Now the buring in my thighs is back and it is worse then ever. I was also very incthy yesterday not with your usual itcjh but with very sharp shocks all over my body. This is just so bizzare. It is hard to put this all behind you when you have constant remindes. I have been so busy tryign to distract myself and the pain is real! This is the worst!

Check out this website for those with burning and tingong sensations

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm
i suffered from these symptoms.. but dont worry.. they will improve with time..though i still suffer from some of them...

i still wonder how u r herpes negative.. if that test is true.. then there must other reasons for what we have now !
Damn Joe,

You almost described exactly what I was going thru when I first got infected with HSV2. I still go thru this to this day but its much less pronounced. This is unreal.
That scares the hell out of me... I am still coming up negative on all these test

4,7,11,13,15,17 weeks post exposure all negative. WTF....
I got HSV tested this past Wednesday, 123 days/17.5 weeks post

HSV 1 neg < 0.91
HSV 2 neg < 0.91

So happy to have gotten these results, which I was at this point already expecting. it has been a long and very hard journey for all of us. I know just like every one of you how hard it is to stay positive in the face of unexplained symptoms.

I really think those of us with neg test results need to start believing and move on. Being obsessed with herpes will not get you anywhere. If there truly is something wrong with you, you are not helping yourself find the care you need by focusing only on herpes. If it's something like CPPS which is very likely, then the intense pressure you are putting on yourself is not helping. If it's something else then again you are not going to go down the right road if you are stuck on herpes.

I think the mental aspect of all of this is in play much more than we realize. as moneytb said we need time to heal physically and emotionally. and this process cannot start until you let it start.

if you are having negative test results and no obvious herpes symptoms (blisters/lesions) then you are not the 1 in a MILLION unlucky guy.

you need to start believing in your results and move on. stop beating yourself up over this experience. we are not bad people. we had a regrettable experience but you need to move on and be thankful you are not HSV positive or even HIV positive. do not let this consume your life because it will.

talk to a loved one for support, seek therapy if you need it, there is no shame in what we did or what we need to help put this behind us.

i really hope you guys can put this behind you once and for all soon.
Great news for you! I am very happy to see your results come back the way they did. I have always been a very positive person but this thing is so scary. I was 121 post exposure when I took the herpeselect IgG. I still can not figure out these other symptoms and why they keep occuring. I want to believe these test results trust me when I say that. I want to get back to a "normal life"
Joe I have been following your case for a while now.  I really feel that after looking things over you truly have nothing to worry about and something more is at work here.  Which I can understand is scary on its own.  But I think something that we kind of need to remember is sometimes we can be our own worse enemey.  You know what I mean?  Maybe some of this is truly in your head and not something you truly have going on.  You have had a boat load of testing to support you are negative and given even that one of the best tests out there.  That has to mean something... Have you considered the assistance from a mental professional and maybe even looking at anxiety meds?  I am not saying this to be rude but I seriously and would put money on it that you have herpes.  
Has anyone thought of this? "cytomegolovirus"

Not an STD but can be transmitted by bodily fluids, very common with 50-80% of population in the US infected, mostly no symptoms of any kind and only issues arrising are for pregnant women who are infected for the first time.
I know you are not being rude. I have actually gone that route as well. I am on some anit-depressants. They help some. Therapy is also helping as well.
Joe,

You have tested negative at 17 weeks.  The chances you have HSV are pretty slim.  I was convince that I had herpes until I finally hit 16 weeks and still tested negative.  I never had a visual breakout, but for some reason thought it must be HSV.

I read an old post about a guy that tested positive for herpes, but had simular symptoms to mine.  Reading this, I was convinced I had it...  

Now, I believe that this guy had herpes and CPPS (Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome).  If you think you have herpes, or if you acutally do....  you are focusing a lot of time and pain on your genital area.  This kind of anxiety can cause CPPS to happen.  I feel there are people that have herpes, and assume everything that is happening down there is because of herpes.  Treatment for CPPS might be the answer for them just as it is for me.

I'm not a doctor, but there are more things that cause issues down south than STD's.

Keep the faith, and I'm sure you will keep testing negative.

Borat
Thanks for the encouraging words. I am not as positive and optomistic. I want to be but the symptoms are still there.
I took another IgG test this one at 21 weeks and 2 days so 149 days post exposure. This one was a Herpeselect Hsv 1 negative and HSV2 negative. Both less than .91 no numerical values given. I am still having the burning feeling which is in predominately in my lower extremities, but seems to travel to my shoulders, arms and face. I am guessing at this time herpes is not the cause of the problem. Well that is what the medical test are telling me. i have been tested for allergies, diabetes, back issues and other things and everything shows negative. I have taken anti depressant ...they have not helped, I am also in theraphy has helped mentally put the physical problems still exist. Not sure what else to say at this point.
You must have herpes Joe239. I mean its written all over your symptoms. You should tell everyone you have herpes dude and not have sex with anyone.
I know this is many years later, but on the off chance that any of you still follow this post have any of you received any changes in your test results? Did any of you ever find out you had herpes, HIV, or any other type of STD? If so at what what time frame did you actually get diagnosed and by what type of doctor?

The reason I ask is that I am experiencing basically all the same symptoms that everyone listed:

one night stand of oral sex/no protection
after one week intense burning/sandpaper feeling at the tip of my penis
no lesions/bumps ever present
irritation and anxiety
other party claims to be fine and blood work has come back fine
My blood work at the 1 1/2 week mark was negative Igg for HSV 2
at 4 week mark was negative for HSV 1 + 2
Going back at 8 week mark in a week and a half.
I also broke out in red scaly patches all over my arms, legs, and face which has been diagnosed as psoriasis/eczema.

All my time lines point to herpes, but i've seen 3 MDs, 1 dermatologist, and 1 infectious disease specialist who all say that I am fine and that it is mostly anxiety related. I'm certainly hoping so. If anyone can offer any updates to your situations from before I would greatly appreciate it.
Hope this finds you feeling better, sounds like you are starting to go through what most of us went through. Anxiety can do so much more than you thought was possible. I never had another test after my 17.5 week test which was negative.

Even shortly after that I still had some minor symptoms of discomfort and some minor anxiety.

Slowly it all faded away. I haven't had discomfort in over a year and don;t even think about it anymore. I have been plenty stressed for other reasons (work, etc) and no cold sores on the mouth or anything that even makes me bat an eye.

You sound like you;re starting to go down the, "I fit the herpes bill" path, don't. I know it will be hard but you will get past it and I hope the test results help you get on your way. Anxiety can really cause all that pain/discomfort you felt. and once it builds up it wont go away overnight.

give it time. confide in someone you trust, do not go through this alone it only will make it harder.

wish you the best.
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, however I am expereing very similar symptoms as described. The constant discomfort around the tip of penis, with 2 teeny tiny pimple looking bumps under my forskin which tested negative on a culture, taken 24 hours after they appeared. also some lighter pink patches on my head. The blisters themselves did not hurt or itch at all, the pain started 3 days after they appeared. Also they never did crust over or anything it simply turned a little more pink.

I realize this is a medical forum but I also feel like this scare or whatever it may be has been the slap in the face I needed to realize that I am not doing things as I know I should be. I have started to go to church again and pray wihch I have not done in 7 years.

I noticed livehoodlost's comment about becoming a priest if this turns out to be negative, I am just curious if anyone else has reevaluated thier beliefs because of this. Also, I read the entire thread and was anxiously awaiting a verdict on livelihoodlost, so please post if you have any updates. I will do the same!
please start a new post with this.

our read before posting post is located under the "important announcements" tab on the forum with the rules of posting on the forum listed. thanks!
i dnt have sores or enything it jst stings i went to the doctor yesterday they said im clean i realy need to kno what this is. Is it soap irritation not drinking enough water cause it is kind of a smell when i pie
please start a new post of your own - thanks!

grace
This might sound weird but I've only "dry humped" a year ago, and I'm getting burning sensation in the opening and tip of my penis. I didn't grabbed anything but the sexual organ. I opened the opening of my penis and it seen to me sores grayish and reddish on the sides. I'm hoping it is a yeast infection. This anxiety is killing me really bad! I'm looking for any other bumps, but like I've read it is just my mind playing games on me.  The burning is persistent can barely get some sleep just thinking about it. It is driving me nuts. Going to see a doctor in a few days to see what is up. Thank goodness I found this forum, it put some hope of answers to what I'm going through.
PLEASE, NO ONE ADD TO THIS POST!!!

Start your own post instead of adding to this already far too long old post of someone else's!!!!

grace
So, I have only had intercourse with one person and she has only had intercourse with me. I just recently though realized that I too have a little wound just inside the tip of my penis. I am only 17 and don't want to let my parents know so I can't get tests done yet... Also, I have had a wart looking thing for as long as I can remember. It hasn't cause me any problems but I am curious as to what it is.
Hello all,

I have just read this entire thread and and 100% similar to you all.  I however have been complaining about these symptoms for about 4 years.  They have been off and on.  At first I tested positive for Ureaplasma a bacteria that caused the painful sting at the tip of the urethrea.  A round of antibiotics later and the pain was subdued, certainly not what it was (It was horrible, I couldn't sleep at all etc etc) but still have a waning and waxing of stinging at the tip for a month or two here and there.  I retested during this time 5 times - negative for everything every time.  It seemed that when I had long lasting relationships it went away the most almost entirely, when I was not in those relationships and had casual sexual encounters it would come back for a while.  My doctors (4) all said it was in my head as well and like you all it seems IMPOSSIBLE - its too painful to be fake.  But I also believe in science and my doctors and also believe now that it may be prostititis or CPPS.  I don't have a disease or bacteria - i know that from extensive tests I just could never find out what this coming and going of pain was.  I realize it come during extremely intense times of stress and or stressful sexual experiences, and or just the mental f up from the first time I actually had something.

Im just6 wondering - from all the original dudes on here what has been the result of your stinging now a couple years later....  All just went away?  Some casual reoccurances which could be attributed to stress??  I think after reading all this I have enough to try to put this to rest in my head and stamp this out forever.    Please let me know!  I wish everyone the best.
If you get the time, read over some of my post. I was tested for HSV2 at 4,7, and 11 weeks post my encounter and was negative. My urologist said I was dealing with cpps. Symptoms went away pretty much until the beginning of last week. I started having weird sensations I'm my bladder, perinium pain, and odd sensations in my rectum. Almost felt like deeper inside. My penis also is aching again and I'm experiencing alof of precum, semen/prostatic fluid during a BM, etc. I went back to the urologist yesterday and he checked my prostate and did a urinalysis. Hurt like hell when he touched my prostate and tried to massage it. They also found white blood cells in my urine which I guess they haven't in the past. I was put on antibiotics for prosatitis. My concern is that my 11 week hsv2 test was too early (although I was told by everyone that that was ample time). I've read in a few places that it is possible to have HSV and it can cause prostatitis. I wish someone with medical knowledge could let me know if that is true or not, since some websites are so unreliable. Anyway, let me know how things go. What was the latest test that you took? How long after your last exposure?
Ive been positive for ureaplasma urealyticum 3 times over the past 4 years.  This was the original source of the painful tip of the penis.  I was treated with doxycyclene, and had a negative culture after treatment even thought I still felt it (though at about 1/3 or less intensity - it was unbearable when I was actually infected.)  Anyway, it took about 3 - 4 months till the sting burn went away - I had 5 repeat cultures done for ureaplasma, clamidia etc to make sure since the urologist could not explain my continued pain - all cultures came back negative.  Urologist said it was likely in my head or something called reiters syndrome.

Keep in mind I basically had just a stinging tip, later the dull pain in my left testical on and off.  The symptoms would come and go - they seem to spike for about 10 minutes when I have a glass of alcohol.  

Like someone else sid here: often if I was just walking around doing stuff I would feel like the symptoms went away completely - then i sit at my desk or something - go idle or especially if I went to bed it would quickly creep back in and be at its worst in bed - so much so - that I would have to squeeze my penis because it was more comfortable than the burning pain.  

Anyway, I never told my partners because i actually really didn't have anything - my urologist said i was completely std free despite my symptoms.  He tried to separate my symptoms from having an actual bacterial infection.  He believed i was experiencing symptoms but also believed I had no active or testable disease of any kind.  To back up this theory 4 partners both long and short term never got anything, and believe me - they would have.  Again, I was tested negative for everything 5 times so I felt it was ethical to do this with long term relationships.  I told them I had nothing - it was true - they got nothing - but I continued to have erratic stinging at the tip.  I should say here that the more comfortable I got with a woman the more sex I had the more calmed I got that it was true and and I wasn't giving her anything.  And I got progressively better.  It all seems crazy.

Anyway, I thought maybe it was "in my head" but like so many have described here it "seemed" impossible - way to painful to be made up.  After reading this I'm thinking its not "made up"  If this is all true I now understand it as my mind is actually causing stress in certain muscles and actually causing real pain.

So about 2.5 years in I had drunk sex with someone and the symptoms returned in a big way.  I was recaptured and positive again with ureaplasma.  Like the first time I felt the major stinging the very next day by about mid day.  Very intense - close to unbearable - squirming.  Unable to concentrate on anything but the burn.  Was given more antibiotics - symptoms subsided to about 1/3 and more negative cultures - despite ongoing symptoms.  I admit the symptoms are much worse when I have positive ureaplasma cultures.  

So anyway, after 4 years getting infected with ureaplasma a few times like an idiot (thought my urologist says its easy to cure just take a choice of antibiotics for 1-3 weeks and thats always killed it in every case in all his 30 years of practice.)  He did mention maybe it was prostatitis checked my prostate on two occasions felt fine - looked at fluid excreted from said exam under a microscope all fine - checked my urine a dozen times all fine he said I'm fine.  But I feel the nasty burn still - 4 years later.  

Im really surprised this isn't more known since it feels sooooo bad.  Im seeing him again tomorrow  we are going to try to test an ejaculate sample - he says it can flush out the bacteria better than a cotton swab of the tip of my urethra (the way we've been culturing) and maybe we can find a positive for ureaplasma while the swab gives negative.  Im going to mention CPPS for the first time and ask about it - also ask for some muscle relaxers and mind pills to get me off this nonstop focusing on the sting.  I have hope this is mental caused by a real infection which scared the pants off me and every sting digs my mind deeper leading to more stinging.  Its a nasty chain.  I hope I can break it - I don't want to live with this forever.

FYI never had any herpes symptoms. no rash blister  or anything.
Yes. I've never had any blisters or rashes either. I looked up more information on prostatitis and the majority of my symptoms fill well with that diagnosis. Were you ever tested for hsv? Look up CPPS on Wikipedia and see if it fits you. Let me know.
For over 5 months, I have been suffering with a stinging sensation at the tip of my penis. It started in October of 2011, 2 days  after I had oral sex performed on me. I immediately went to the STD Clinic and got tested for Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomonas, herpes. hiv and hepatitis C. The tests came back negative. I took the tests again in December and they all came back negative. I was given antibiotics such as Azithromycin and  Cipro but since I tested negative for the before-mentioned STD's, they did not stop the stinging. The STD doctor said that I should see a urologist because the infection could be due to E. Coli. So my  urologist gave me Bactrim because I did perform anal sex on my partner in the past which may have caused an urinary infection. Well I took this antibiotic for 2 weeks and still the stinging did not stop. My urine tested negative for bacteria. I felt so hopeless until I started reading more about NGU, Nongonococcal Urethritis caused by the HSV or HPV virus. A light bulb suddenly came on. It could be a virus causing the stinging in my penis.

I was given a cream called Aldara (Imiquimod) cream. After applying the cream over the tip of my penis for two nights, the stinging eased and then stopped.  I am hoping that the stinging will not start again but if it does I will just apply the cream again. It appears that this is the only medication that stops the warm stinging sensations. The antibiotics that I tried before did not work on this virus.

Hopefully you guys that have this stinging symptom will check with your doctor about the possibility that HSV or HPV virus may be the cause of the  penis stinging.        I will keep you abreast of any changes.          
Let me know how you got on as it's been a few months now and i've been reading a lot of the comments. This page is great to lower the anxiety on the situation. I'm about to get test results from urine/blood as 6 weeks ago i had unprotected sex / oral with a sex worker and the inside of my penis started off being quite tingly, but now getting a little bit on the irritating side. I had panic attacks etc from the anxiety so i'm certain a lot of my symptoms are phsycological however my penis feels slightly more sticky than usual and redness on the tip of the penis area. Urinating is not too sore, it's actually a bit of a relief. I notice the irritation when i'm in bed and i haven't felt like masterbating (masturbating) or having sex since that day as it's completely changed my priorities!! Slight itchs in the groin area however i don't think that is part of the real symptoms. If anyone is looking over this and is suffering from the same type symptoms, please give me a reply and tell me your story. Also like to add, will have another test in 4 months time as the hep virus does not show up till that period of time!
I have a feeling this is HSV1.  So many people with positive swabs that never show positive blood.
Forgot to add to watch list
Hi, folks,

This thread was started several years ago and has taken quite a few twists and turns since then.  To give our members' questions a better chance of being seen, we'll close this topic now.  

To make sure that your question is seen and answered by our members, please be sure to start a new thread by clicking the "Post a Question" button above.  Thanks!

Claire, Moderator
MedHelp.org

________________________________________________

** CLOSED DISCUSSION**
            NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE
Since you post this comment on 2010 would you please tell me that how you feeling now? Cause I have some of these symptoms as you mentioned here, would you please tell me what's going on with you now? My email ***@**** Thanks!
I have penis sore after sex.I had go to doctor he gives antibiotics with safraz cream it was cleared but it came back again.after 5 months of sex I again go to doctor he tested for syphsil and hiv test. it came negative he gave me ciprozine and doxorine for 3 days all symptoms gone now slightly burning inside tip of penis there.
what is this?? is this mental or other
Hey you ever figure this out?  I have metal taste and burning below too.
Viewing 201-210 comments: