Herpes Community
butt pain/bruising feeling

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

butt pain/bruising feeling

Hello

I had an outbreak on the butt at the beginning of the month. (at least I think it was an ob, i am never 100% sure.) anyway I took my prescribed acyclovir and now recently my butt is feeling like it is bruised (although there is actually no bruise or anything to see physically) Just wondering if this is a normal thing to feel post outbreak? or is it a sign of viral shedding? or is it about to be another ob?

Most importantly I want to know how long it is safe to have sex with my partner again after feeling this "bruising"?
I also was diagnosed with eczema of the groin and I coincidentally seem to be really itchy currently too. could these two things be related? and should I be taking acyclovir to stop this thigh/butt pain?
if the lesions have healed, you can resume having sex again.

if you have a negative partner, why aren't you on daily suppressive therapy?  

are you treating your eczema with anything?  if you are using topical steroids, it is known to make herpes more active.

grace
None of my doctors ever recommended daily suppressive therapy. Is this something I should look into? are there negative side effects?

and I am using topical steroids for the eczema so I guess that could be a problem.

but the biggest problem currently is the dull pain/bruising feeling in my butt and thighs. does that mean another outbreak is coming or is it the end of the old one?
I recommend reading the free herpes handbook we recommend in our read before posting post on the forum. it has all the info you need to know about suppressive therapy and lowering the risk of transmission to a partner in it.   you certainly should be on daily suppressive therapy if using topical steroids in the genital area!!  

not unusual to have some aches and pains after ob's on the buttocks. the skin is thicker there and takes longer to fully healed.

how often does your partner get tested for herpes to know their status?  have you  been together long?
great I will definitely check out the handbook.

should I take another week of acyclovir for these aches and pains or would that not be helpful?

we have been together 2 1/2 years, i'm not sure that he's been tested, just ob free.
well certainly good to know his status if he's never been tested at all.

I'd go on daily suppressive therapy with acyclovir 400mg 2x/day at this point.  

are you male? ( I never trust the gender icons )