can I pass hsv2 to my child by kissing him?
Hi. I have been diagnosed with hsv2 about 4 years back. Thus far I have only had outbreaks on the genital area and although painful i have learnt to live with it. However, I recently had a blister on the inside of my lip and initially mistook it for a canker sore. However the dentist told me it was a fever blister or herpes sore. This led me to start panicking as i had been kissing and sharing food with my children not realising it was herpes. Could I have passed it to my children?And to make matters worse my son came down with the flu at about the same time as I broke out with the sore. could this be one of the symptoms that i passed the virus to him? please help

This discussion is related to HSV-2 through social kiss and utensil-Dr.hook.
you tried to post on someone else's post in the experts forum so it was bumped over here. you have to pay to post there.

genital herpes is transmitted through naked skin on skin contact with your genital area. We NEVER have the sort of contact with our children that it takes to transmit the infection to them when we have it genitally.

have you ever been tested for herpes to know your hsv1 status? http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm  has terrific info on oral herpes for more reading on how common sense precautions can help protect your children from contracting hsv1 orally from you.  

odds are your child just has the same viral illness that many of his friends have right now. It is that time of the year when cold and flu viruses are prevalent and easily transmitted from touching surfaces and even just breathing within 3 feet of someone.  

grace