Herpes Community
can anyone tell me if this is herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

can anyone tell me if this is herpes?

i am 23 and have had only one sexual partner who i have not seen in about 18 months. as of the last couple of months i have had small lesions around the opening of my urethra. the lesions run all the way around the rim. just below the opening of my urethra, on the under side of my penis, is a small, red, painless, bump at the very tip. it is surrounded by redness. the bump and lesions are painless. there is no itching or irritation. the bump doesn't appear to be a blister. there is a small amount of clear discharge every few days that is sticky. it doesn't hurt when i urinate. when my penis is erect, i notice the skin around the opening is splotchy and discolored. maybe even a bit swollen. there is also a splotchy ring of discoloration towards the bottom of the head of my penis. so far it doesn't seem to be herpes as far as the reading i have done says but i have been tested for syphilis, Clamidia and gonorrhea with negative results. the doctor told me it looks nothing like a wort but couldn't test me for herpes because it was a free clinic (i have no insurance and no income at the moment.) and herpes testing is not funded by the state. again, there is no pain when i touch it or when i urinate. i have read that a herpes outbreak will come and go within a hand full of days but this has stuck around for about two months now. it doesn't grow but it also doesn't appear to be going away. like i said, it appeared over a year after my last sexual contact, PLEASE HELP!!  just around the time that i noticed it, i was ready to start dating again after a bad break up and now this is making me super self conscious. it's bumming me out because i kind of fell in love with this one particular girl and never said anything because i wanted to get this sorted out first. she has, since, started dating someone and is no longer available... but i digress...
i don't no why my profile says i'm a female...
you can edit your profile :)

no reason to think these are herpes related. as you have already found out, herpes won't linger like this plus your description doesn't sound like herpes.

if the free clinic is stumped, seek out the opinion of a dermatologist and pay out of pocket.

grace