Herpes Community
can herpes change symptoms?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

can herpes change symptoms?

hello. if one gets the classic case of genital herpes (painful blisters, prodrome) can all of a sudden a herpes outbreak be characterized as a single painless  almost invisible rash? or is this something else?
btw it is one small reddish sore near tip of penis. You can barely see it but we were wondering what it is.It is a bit flat and painless.
and it hasnt been changing shape
will recurrences of genital herpes appear to be much different from the initial ob? yes they will is that is what you are asking.

if you aren't sure if what is going on is herpes related or not, see your provider monday for a proper exam.

grace
hi grace. thanks for response. well every outbreak i had was classic symptoms. over the past 10 years my herpes outbreaks have been classic (painful sores). my last herpes outbreak has been in februrary (still painfull blister/sores). but in april I had one small reddish painless sore almos invisible. could this be herpes?
and this painless sore hasn't changed shape or anything.
if you've had something there since april and it hasn't gone away, it's not herpes related.
it has gone away. i was just wonder now could it have been herpes. when i got it it stayed painless and didnt change shape for many days.
well as you know, typically  herpes lesions are painful to the touch and/or itchy.  no way at this point to know if indeed this was a recurrence or not but sounds like it wasn't. should it reoccur, be seen again promptly for an exam.
i did go to an std doctor at a public health clinic and she did a visual examination and said it could be a hpv sore and prescribed aldara, but she also said it could have been crystal in the skin or something.

i know when i get herpes (i have prodrome and everything), so I was just wondering if there was chance it could have been a herpes outbreak.
HI Grace:
Also one last thing. have had herpes for 10 years now, where i get the classic symtpoms from time to time. My last outbreak was in February, and the painless sore came in april. Would that be too soon for a recurrent herpes outbreak, esepcially if its an atypical symptom and i have had classical symptoms all my life?
you can have recurrences that quickly - in fact they can occur in as little as 2 weeks or less after a recurrence even :(

your symptoms in april didn't really sound like herpes nor did they sound like they were hpv related. since they are gone, no way to know at this point.