Herpes Expert Forum
can this be herpes

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

can this be herpes
I had protected sex with a sex worker 3 and a half weeks ago and oral and vaginal yesterday morning I woke up to urinate and saw white dry stuff around the head of my penis the night before I masturbated and I dont think I cleaned the exes semen from the head of my penis, I washed the area and what was underneath the white dry thing it was read even the foreskin of my penis the one that covers the head was red. I remember this hapening before maybe twice. By the time I got home in the afternoon it was almost gone I took a shower and when I went to sleep it was almost all gone the red part. I went to my doctor today and showed him he said that it looked like a fungul infection and prescribed somethi g for it. I asked if he would do test to see if its herpes he said it wasnt necessary but he said if I wanted he could run a set of std test. They drew blood after when I was about to leave I asked what test they were doing and they only did hiv ghonorrea clamydia syphilis how much do general doctors really know on distinguishing herles from yeast infection. Im married and I would not want to give this to my wife. Bad part is 4 days sfter the exposurr we did have unprotected sex what should I do should I trust my doctor
What you describe sounds nothing like herpes and everything like a fungal problem.  I agree with your doctor on this one.  

How much do doctors know about herpes, however?  Very little, in my experience.  But in this case, I think you are probably OK.  for future reference, condoms reduce transmission of HSV by only about 30-50%.  Just so you know.  

Terri
Can u please help
Thankyou terri I think I am going to follow your advice. Just to clear my mind would herpes clear up from one day to another? I know experts have been telling me not to test but im just very concerned how accurate would a 6 week full panel be? Would you advice to wait 3 months
No, most often herpes would stay more than a day.  A test would be 70% accurate at 6 weeks and a final test at 4 months would be reliable.

Terri