Herpes Expert Forum
can this be herpes
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
461010 tn?1208486059
can this be herpes
I had protected sex with a sex worker 3 and a half weeks ago and oral and vaginal yesterday morning I woke up to urinate and saw white dry stuff around the head of my penis the night before I masturbated and I dont think I cleaned the exes semen from the head of my penis, I washed the area and what was underneath the white dry thing it was read even the foreskin of my penis the one that covers the head was red. I remember this hapening before maybe twice. By the time I got home in the afternoon it was almost gone I took a shower and when I went to sleep it was almost all gone the red part. I went to my doctor today and showed him he said that it looked like a fungul infection and prescribed somethi g for it. I asked if he would do test to see if its herpes he said it wasnt necessary but he said if I wanted he could run a set of std test. They drew blood after when I was about to leave I asked what test they were doing and they only did hiv ghonorrea clamydia syphilis how much do general doctors really know on distinguishing herles from yeast infection. Im married and I would not want to give this to my wife. Bad part is 4 days sfter the exposurr we did have unprotected sex what should I do should I trust my doctor
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
55646 tn?1263664409
What you describe sounds nothing like herpes and everything like a fungal problem.  I agree with your doctor on this one.  

How much do doctors know about herpes, however?  Very little, in my experience.  But in this case, I think you are probably OK.  for future reference, condoms reduce transmission of HSV by only about 30-50%.  Just so you know.  

Terri
Discussion is closed
Cancel
461010 tn?1208486059
Can u please help
Discussion is closed
Cancel
461010 tn?1208486059
Thankyou terri I think I am going to follow your advice. Just to clear my mind would herpes clear up from one day to another? I know experts have been telling me not to test but im just very concerned how accurate would a 6 week full panel be? Would you advice to wait 3 months
Discussion is closed
Cancel
55646 tn?1263664409
No, most often herpes would stay more than a day.  A test would be 70% accurate at 6 weeks and a final test at 4 months would be reliable.

Terri
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank