can you transfer genital herpes with from a female to male no active brekout
My girlfriend found out that she has Genital Herpes last month. Shes is currently not on any suppresive therapy. I dont have the virus at all type 1 or 2 myself. But what are the risk of her transferring the virus to me if im giving her oral in between breakouts? Would suppressive therapy decrease the risk? Could you also let me know if there are other ways to protect myself ,while performing oral, other than abstenance..? I understand the risk factors, but I am willing to go through this situation with her.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
The only way to zero the risk is to get another girlfriend.... haha, just kidding but most people get this disease when there are no outbreaks. If you want to reduce the risks, of course ALWAYS use a condom unless you both want to make a kid; get her on Valtrex; Never do anything when she is experiencing an outbreak.
How was your gf diagnosed as having herpes? Does she have hsv1 or hsv2?

How were you tested for herpes yourself?

grace
Well during her initial B/O she received most of the symptoms you would get from GH. Since she is studying nursing in college, she was able to visually diagnose herself. But we did go to a gyno where the dr also said it was GH just by the visual examination. A sample was also taken with a cotton swab just to confirm the dr's visual diagnoses, she then had a pap smear done. IDK if any blood samples were taken. I myself have not gone to get checked out. I did see a small white blister in the middle of my penis but I popped it , LOL, like the genius that I am instead of waiting to get it checked out. To date I have yet to recieve any symptoms if I do have GH. All of this happened atleast 2 weeks before Christmas 07'. But anyways I have done my research, and still don't understand the chances of transmitting GH through oral sex , w/o a dental dam, from a female to a male. Is it minimal, 50/50, or a high chance.

Thanks again and sorry for responding so late.
Visual exams are not adequate. You both need to follow up on this and get type specific herpes igg blood tests for hsv1 and hsv2. You can't even begin to figure out your risk until you both know who has what.

grace