Herpes Community
cervical herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

cervical herpes

I was told last night I have cervical herpes, can anyone shed some light? I am really scared
it's not cervical herpes - it's genital herpes and you had an ob on your cervix.  it's the exact same as if you had an ob on your actual genitals.

did they do a culture to know if you have hsv1 or hsv2 genitally?

grace
They just did a blood test, haven't gotten my results in. I'm bleeding, no sores. I am VERY afraid. I don't know whats happening
Thank you for responding by the way. I am extremely terrified
did they also do any testing for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally when you were seen?  

when did you last have sex prior to this?  is it a regular partner?
Yes. I am on deoxcycylince, medicine for herpes and medicine for a yeast infection. I had sex in October and he was someone I knew, we were friends, and had sex once. Haven't had sex with anyone since then.
it's unfortunate that they didn't do a lesion culture of symptoms too.

your herpes testing is a little early but post your results here once you get them - e.g. hsv1 igg 5.4 and hsv2 igg 9.8 or whatever they are so I can better help you.
No, they just swabbed me and said it looks like herpes on my cervix. I broke down and cried. Do you have any idea what's going to happen to me now Grace? I've been bleeding for the last four days, and it's getting worse. I have no idea what's happening to me. No blisters on my genitals. None on my mouth either.
cervicitis can be caused my many things. herpes, hpv and bacterial infections are the most common causes.  at this point, waiting for more test results it the best you can do.
Grace I appreciate you so much. Thank you for being so kind, patient and respectful.
results from swabs came back negative . very confused and still bleeding after 2 days of medication. what is going on?
it takes more than 2 days of medication to clear up most infections. give it a full week and if you are still having symptoms, give your gyn a call to see what they suggest next.  
is this herpes ?
you'll need to follow up on the testing if the lesion culture for herpes was negative.
it was
then just err on the side of caution and seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test 3 months after you last had sex prior to this.
okay thank you so much