Herpes Community
cold sore confusion?! plz help
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cold sore confusion?! plz help

Aproximately three months ago I started to notice what looked like a normal pimple on the top of my lip which then the next day I popped. Then it seemed to look more like a cold sore but scabbed up especially after using tea tree oil. I had read that cold sores normally last 7-9 days and canker sores up to 14...well this thing lasted way longer and since been turned into a reddish tint mark....that I still have...three months later. I have tried using tea tree oil to bag balm and just now recently purchased maderma and abriva....I have no idea what it is for sure even though I thought it was a cold sore the whole time. But three months later I still have this reddish tint mark...Can anyone help me or have suggestions to ease my mind? It doesnt give off a great look when im trying to go out with girls. Not to mention I kisssed a girl with because at the time i didnt know what it was and nothong happened to her....or the other two girls after

This discussion is related to very confussed please help with some direction..
101028_tn?1348750963
abreva is barely effective for oral herpes. it's way over priced for that teeny tube and isn't going to do anything for you at this point.

at this point, I'd stop using everything!! TTO can irritate the skin and even cause skin irritation.  

I'm honestly not sure if maderma can be used on that skin area or not.

this sounds like normal healed skin and not active herpes at this point. I'd consult a dermatologist if you feel this is anything worth worrying about but give the skin a week of applying nothing first.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank