confused and stressed about the herpes test
i recently had a positive igm n negative for both 1,2 igg herpes test. is this possible if the last person i had sexual contact with was 9 months ago, wont the igg test be positive ? im 7 months pregnant with my husband i know for sure he hasnt been with anybody else.im so stressed that i might pass it to my baby ..please if anyone know?...
most folks always test accurately on the herpes blood tests if they are infected.

have you ever talked to a professional about any guilt you have about the encounters you've had with others while with your partner?  
no, but if the last sexual person i had in contact with was 10 months ago  it wouldve been a 100% positive igg right ?
dear grace

my results came in and the doctor said it was the same exact thing negative for igg hsv1 and igg hsv 2, positive for hsv1/2 igm 1.80 i took it 2 weeks after the first one...what does this mean??....have i really caught the herpes and not have any symptoms im so devastated......
they absolutely should not still be doing the igm herpes test on you!!

its a false positive then why are 2 different tests the same number ? ....please explain im even more stressed out and confused..........
you might test that same /similar result every time you have it done.  
so its a false positive even if its the same number? its driving me nuts about which hsv i have im going crazyyy and dying to figure out.. can i be one of those people who never had the igg antibody but still have hsv , is that even possible? please help me figure this one out grace
=[...
I'm not sure how many more times I need to tell you that the igm herpes test is flawed and you should disregard the results until you believe me. nothing really else I can add at this time.
I am just going to throw this link out there.  It was what I linked to in my journal that I provided you with in the first post.  Read this and understand please.  This is a Doctor giving out this information.  So of anyone to believe if you don't trust grace and I it would be this guy.  

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Confusiion-over-other-IgM-Herpes-posts/show/248394
thank you...ive been miserable, and i dont know what to do anymore.. also im pregnant and its so hard .my vision is a blurr i cant think straight..i want to believe you guys but the results are is making me think that i do have something ...especially when you have the same results ...but i will try my best to believe what you guys are saying about the igm tests...
If you don't want to believe us then consider seeing a professional therapist at this point. They can help you get over this fear/anxiety.  You have the facts you have the proof.  I mean what more can we give you?  We can't pull out all your nerves and run it for HSV.  A some point you have to realize that IGM is worthless for Herpes.  The CDC says so, its been proven to be worthless, and quite honestly if we felt you had a fear to worry about with the IGM test we would tell people to use it.  But we don't for just the reason you are having issues getting over the test.  
dear mistake guy well i read it over and it said that you cant have a positive hsv igm and not actually have hsv, its not reliable because it doesnt tell you which hsv you have but you do have either HSV 1 Or HSV 2...so that means the test cant be wrong....what is that proving to me? it  means that i did caught something right ?.......
"The doctor NEVER stated that you CAN'T have a positive IgM test and not have either strain of HSV. " this part kind  of got to me ....is that true, especially if i had the same exact igm ..also is 1:80 considered high or or low positive?
the igm test isn't type specific for herpes. it also is frequently falsely positive due to other, non-herpes infections. it also can reactivate because of hsv1 oral infections. it's really not helpful and honestly there is absolutely nothing we can ascertain by it being positive for you.

I will gladly help you with your partners herpes igg blood test results when he gets them but really at this point it's beating the proverbial dead horse wondering about your igm results. it's unfortunate that your providers are under educated about herpes testing and have caused you so much unnecessary stress like this!
it kinda makes sense becuase i think i had a tiny cold sore long time ago but why wont it show up in my igg ?...
even the best blood tests still miss 1 out of every 10 hsv1 infections. no easy way to know if you do have hsv1 orally or not sometimes. should you get a return of what you think is a cold sore, being seen for  a lesion culture and exam might figure that out for you.
could they really miss it twice ?....
yes
so i read that hsv 2 is easier to detect than hsv 1 .? is that true ?....
yes
i dont even think i have hsv2 anymore first of all no symptoms whatsoever, and by now im pretty sure the test would be a positive by now especially with 2 tests done. and i remember having a very mild cold sore once in a great while, maybe thats why its so hard to detect ? plus i had a flu vaccine because im pregnant which is an infection, right ?..whatt a relief ! sighhh...makes me feeel better grace !!!! =] my husband  reschedule his blood test appt. on monday because he was busyy so the test should be done in 2weeks ...
and the doctor made no sense of me catching the disease within 3 months latest is 6 months  . i think i wouldve caught something long ago with my husband...hes only good for a pregnancy provider , not stds.... so im pretty sure he hasnt been updated with these kind of things ..
is my assumptions right grace or am i wrong ? ....
really nothing else I can add at this point until your partner has been tested to know his status.
but honestly grace whatever i wrote makes sense or was i wrong?
you could've been with your hubby for 10 or 20 years before you caught herpes from him if he has it so no, your assumption about him isn't right.
ohh no no im not assuming its my husband at all im the one to blame because of my past 10 months ago. i think you should read it over... the igm was positive because i got the flu shot which is an infection right like what u should said it could be any infections....also hsv 1 is harder to detect because they come and go for a long time ?..is this right ... i would never blame im depressed because i feel like im the one to blame ...
btw were a young couple ...
I know you don't think hubby is the cause of any of this, I'm saying you are making wrong assumptions.

at this point, no more questions until you have his test results. really nothing else I can help you with for your + igm that I haven't already said.  all this guessing and conjecture isn't going to get us anywhere.
okay so my husbands igg hsv2 neg and hsv 1 positive , that explains my positive IGM...
after all these years i recently contracted it from him ? ..he never had an outbreak in his life but i think i had a cold sore but it wasnt all crazy like a blister juts a red spot. i have 2 questions . 1) is it true that once you have hsv1 on ur lips its unlikely that you will get it in ur genital ? 2) can some people never have iGG antibody ? i honestly still feel like i was the one that had pass hsv 1 to him. because of our past . but its weird because i have a both NEG IGG ...and positive IGM
im scared of having hsv genital, what are the chances of catching it genitally we share drinks a lot and he often uses his spit as lube n has gave me oral, i think i have cold sores but so far it looks different from other peoples cold sores. it seems like mine goes away with 2 days, thats obviously not a cold sore then ? im worried that i might have it genitally what are the chances of getting it down there ? .
for the last time - you absolutely can not ascertain that you contracted herpes because you have a + igm result.

your hsv1 is negative so hubby should avoid performing oral on you for the rest of your pregnancy so that you don't risk you contracting hsv1 genitally from him. Other than that, nothing you have to worry about at this point.

grace
so its possible not to be infected after all these years ? he had no symptoms whatsoever..
yes indeed it's possible that you've been with him all these years and never contracted hsv1.
i know you have said it many times that igm tests are worthless but now it kind of dont make any sense that the igm is wrong in this case, i do believe your theory but its not happening here, because the igm tests are made for recent or recurrent infections. like you said i could of contracted it recently. so there is high chance that i recently caught HSV 1 and my IGG test did not show up since i dont have the igg antibody yet, but the igm antibody showed up...
Nothing is a theory about the HSV-1 IGM test.  If you spent the time to read the link where a Doctor who has recieved many awards and been dealing with STDs for over 20 years has said the test is WORTHLESS for HSV.  

Again IGM is worthless. IGM is made for many recent infections.  It is even made if chickenpox is in the body.  It's worthless. It is beyond time to move on with your fear from the igm test. You have been told by 2 people who know a lot about Herpes.  You have read an article by a MD who stated it is a flawed test.  The CDC doesn't even recommend the use of IGM testing anymore because of this very fact.  

Medical stuff changes like technology.  We learn more and we have learned that the IGM test cross reacts with so many different things it isn't funny.  Because it cross reacts the theory that it is going to "catch" a new infection is not working anymore.  You can't get a reliable reading from an IGM test because of the cross reacts.  If you think about a blood test that can show a 100 different possibilities is accurate for just 1 of those possible things is wrong.  That is why we tell people only get the IGG.  This is the anitbody created to FIGHT HSV directly.  IGM isn't going to fight just HSV and it doesn't do it effectively anyway.  IGM fights many different things.  You could have any one of those many different things going on.  
when should i get tested to confirm that i dont have it ?
3 months after your last sexual encounter and use only the type specific igg testing.  
worst case scenario, that i caught hsv 1 genitally.when does the symptoms show? or how will i know i caught either oral or genitial, we kiss a lot but he uses lube his salvia to sub for lube he he gives me oral but not a lot. i thought i had a cold sore but it only lasts for a 2 days its a very tiny red bump no fluid blisters and no pain at all is that a cold sore?..say if i caught it around jan...IM 35 weeks pregnant should i be on treatment ? im very scared to pass it to the babyyy..........
Okay okay okay.  You still aren't listening to us.  

We advised you you didn't have herpes.  We told you since he was HSV-1 positive to cease oral sex during the pregnancy.  

You want to think you have HSV-1 and we don't agree with you.  Stop trying to force the thought down us.  You have had no symptoms.  You are thinking everything is Herpes.  A cold sore won't go away in two days.  Your symptoms for a new infection would show in 2-20 days.  So what if you kiss a lot if you have HSV-1 oral its not going to impact your unborn child.  Salivia isn't the best way to transmit the virus.  

Your fear is uncontrolable at this time.  You need to step back and think.  Would Grace or I advise you to stop beliving a test if we felt their was concern for your pregnancy?  The other side to this is you have no proof you have HSV-1 at all.  None.  You base the decision to think you have it off an IGM test which shouldn't have been done to begin with.  

Should you be on treatment for what?  You don't have anything at this point that we can see but none of your testing will be accurate until 3 months after the last encounter.  If you had HSV you would have seen in within 2-20 days.  If you have symptoms be seen by your doctor they can culture and type anything that they may feel is herpes.  If you get to delievery and they feel you have an outbreak they will do a C-Section.  HSV-1 genitially if you caught it doesn't reoccur that often and for some it never reoccurs.  It is not as bad as HSV-2 genital.
okay but cant symptoms be so mild that you cannot recognize it? about 80% of people that catch this disease dont know that they have it because of no symptoms, right? kind of upsets me because there is evidence that i have recently contract it and i know i have a chose weather take the advice, you guys make me believe that i don't have anything but i have a lot of questions and doubt about it...if 80% of us has hsv1, wouldn't everyone kind of have genital herpes?  
i wouldnt care if i had it oral, but im scared of getting it genitally , im hoping for a cold sore at this point, i heard that it is unlikely you will get it genitally if you have it orally. my guess was that the tiny red  dot on my lips was a cold sore since most people with HSV has very mild symptoms and wouldnt notice it . my mom has cold sores and it looks really disgusting.  mine doesnt have blisters or fluid stuff. can it be a cold sore since some people have really mild symptoms?
there is no more blood testing that is going to be helpful to you at this point during your pregnancy.  Due to the issues with pregnancy that I discussed previously, you are less likely to get an accurate test result at this point in your pregnancy but really the point is moot since you aren't having symptoms that sound like they are herpes.

Your partner should not perform oral sex on you for the rest of your pregnancy so that you don't risk contracting hsv1 genitally during the last trimester of your pregnancy which would be a big risk to the baby.

Should you develop any symptoms that trouble you, see your regular provider if they are oral, see your obgyn if they are genital.  

really nothing else we can help you with at this point. I know being pregnant you are worried about this but we've told you all that we can.  If you chose to hold on to the idea that your + igm means that it just has to be accurate and what I've told you is wrong, so be it but you are stressing yourself out needlessly.  
okay i dont know if this is a symptom but i ve notice that when i a lot of  discharge sometimes i get a lil itch, is it normal have an itch here and there? is it the pregnancy thats causing this increase discharge with a very mild itching ?
what are the symptoms i should look for im shaking and have a big anxiety right now..
if you have symptoms, be seen by your obgyn for a proper exam and testing.
sorrry again for bothering you guys just one more thing.i did mention that i had a cold sore in the past,maybe it was the natural hemodilution that was in the way with the test like you said . im stressed about the test because they said it was "recent" infection that was my concern...i already knew somewhat that i do have cold sores but it was the test that made me more confused, my only concern was catching it genitally. is there a high rate for false negatives due to natural hemodiution in third trimester?
we've given you all the information we could possibly give to you at this point.  continue to follow up with your providers as needed.