Herpes Community
confused
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

confused

6  months ago i was diagnosed with herpes  by visual  test and  some other "G" word ..  i was  given doxycycline and metronidazole  along with candid  v6 ... After over the past 6 months ive been having tiny outbreaks... but nun serious ..until recently when i was put on  kerflex   to  treat my abcess (abscess) .. i now  have the worse herpes out break i have  ever  had .. i decided to purchase the same  medication ..and use it but its  been  3 days n it still looks  horrible should i conttinue ? also i  started dating a  guy with herpes .. and  we had unprotected the  beginning of this month could i have  been misdiagnosed since this looks more like the pictures of herpes i see on the internet ...   unlike my  "first outbreak"  which    was rather painful but didnt last this long
... and how long should i expect this outbreak to last
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I don't believe any of the treatments you describe are antivirals that would be helpful with a herpes outbreak, they seem bacterial and fungus related.

I would return for medical attention requesting a PCR swab on the sores and an IgG antibody blood test that is type specific for HSV1 and HSV2 as a start.
Blank
3149845_tn?1414182164
To date there is no known cure for herpes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank