Aa
A
A
Close
confused
6  months ago i was diagnosed with herpes  by visual  test and  some other "G" word ..  i was  given doxycycline and metronidazole  along with candid  v6 ... After over the past 6 months ive been having tiny outbreaks... but nun serious ..until recently when i was put on  kerflex   to  treat my abcess .. i now  have the worse herpes out break i have  ever  had .. i decided to purchase the same  medication ..and use it but its  been  3 days n it still looks  horrible should i conttinue ? also i  started dating a  guy with herpes .. and  we had unprotected the  beginning of this month could i have  been misdiagnosed since this looks more like the pictures of herpes i see on the internet ...   unlike my  "first outbreak"  which    was rather painful but didnt last this long
... and how long should i expect this outbreak to last
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I don't believe any of the treatments you describe are antivirals that would be helpful with a herpes outbreak, they seem bacterial and fungus related.

I would return for medical attention requesting a PCR swab on the sores and an IgG antibody blood test that is type specific for HSV1 and HSV2 as a start.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
3149845 tn?1452625053
To date there is no known cure for herpes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703