Herpes Community
confused

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

confused

im sorry in advance for how long this post is going to be. I just feel like im in the dark a bit about my situation. in the middle of december 2013, i made a doc appt because things "down there" did not seem right due to having sex with a tampon in on accident. it had been left in for about 2 days. 2 days after that is when i was having pain and a lot of discharge. i got it cultured and the doc said it was vaginitis and a yeast infection. i also had a uti. all the swabs came back NEG of any STDS. but my blood test said i had antibodies for herpes 2. however my doctor did not inform me whatsoever about this disease and did not give me numbers. he simply gave me the news and sent me on my way and also said that what i came in for was completely unrelated to the herpes finding. now, it being about 3 months since i found out i have had no major problems down there... just your occasional itching. however, i continued having sex with the same partner I've had for about 4 months now. this past weekend we engaged in intercourse a lot. i came to notice that it was starting to hurt during the third time we engaged. the next day i was very sore and it burned when i peed. i also noticed that my perinium was a bit swollen and there was some pain down there when i walked or bent over. i have a bit of discharge and its a little red and swollen down there. My main question is could this just be another yeast infection? (i sweat a lot and have to sit in class in my sweaty undies after workouts) or could it be herpes related. Should i go get swabs done asap and another blood test? another thing, my partner informed me he was itchy down there and also had a bit of a sore throat and low grade fever. could that be from me? I've never had an actual outbreak i don't believe because what i went to the doctor for back in decemeber was "completely unrelated"