Herpes Community
could he have herpes? he doesnt have insurance...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

My fiance is experiencing painful sores on his penises for the third time this year. All three insidences have happened during a time of high stress. This one is probably the worst because there were more sores and his penis hurt him all the time. Its been about three weeks and he still has one sore healing. The last time this happened he did some research and thought it maybe a yeast infection and we bought monostat cream such seemed to help the healing process. But a couple months later it came back with a vengence. Now he is itching because the sores are healing. I think its heroes. He was very sexually permiscous and hardly ever used protection.  He has been not feeling well also. It didn't look like a yeast infection to me. The sores do not look like blisters either. Any insight would be helpful. I am pregnant and haven't had any symptoms but also know I don't have to have symptoms to have heroes. Thanks.
sounds to me like its very possible, but i want to tell ya don't take any chances. you do not want to put your baby at risk of neonatal herpes and contracting herpes during your 3rd trimester puts him at the biggest risk of getting it, although its slim to pass onto babies. i didnt know i had herpes, my doc never saw any lesions...but my baby got it. so make your doc aware of your worry with this situation.
indeed your partner needs to be seen promptly and should also seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing. I recommend the same for you too.

his lesions are already too healed to make a lesion culture worthwhile so he should have a visual exam as well as follow up with the type specific herpes igg blood testing to see what his status is.  Unfortunately this means that his local health department clinic is going to be limited in how they can help him as well as most planned parenthood clinics also don't offer the right blood testing and he'll need to be seen somewhere that does offer the right blood testing and pay more :(  

grace
He showed me his penis last night and at every lesion site there are now dry white patches. It looks horrible! I haven't seen any photos like that online for anything. Litterally looks like the shaft of his penises is "dead". We recently moved to an unfamiliar city for his new job and he works about 70 hours a week. He can't get the time off to see a doctor and nothing is open on sundays (his only day off). I am afraid he has damadged the shaft indefinitely!
if it is herpes, it didn't do permanent damage.

he needs to make time to be seen. plenty of walk in clinics that keep late hours to chose from I'm sure.