Herpes Community
could i have given myself hsv 1 on my penis from my mouth without direc...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

could i have given myself hsv 1 on my penis from my mouth without direct contact?

about a week ago i noticed a small red spot on my penis. I have had hsv 1 on my mouth all of my life with recent outbreaks. it has probly been over a month since my last one. i havent had sex in about six months and i wore a condom...also i am about 90 percent sure that this girl was not postitive. i didn't think a lot of it and was going to leave it but instead decided to take a valtrex that i've had for cold sores. it went away two days after i took it but the tip or my penis (hole) has a slight burn. HELP ME! i have no idea if it is possible for me to contract it from my own mouth and when i masturbate i usually do it in the shower after washing my body first. and if i hve a cold sore i usually wash my hands before i do it.
Tags: penis, HSV, MYSELF
you aren't going to transmit your own oral herpes to your genital area. no worries there.

at this point all you can do is follow up with your provider for your symptoms.  since it's been 6 months since you last had sex, you can request a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your status is for peace of mind.

grace
I read that symptoms could be itching or pain in inner thigh and buttocks. is this only if there are sores there? cause it seems that has happenened a few times but i havent had any sores, even since the very first one
Those symptoms are with sores present or forming.  Again like grace said you aren't going to transmit your own herpes.  You can get a type specific test now to get answers from your last encounter.
Ok, do you think it is possible that i would have gotten it from her giving me oral? i do not believe she had any cold sores at the time and it was 9 months ago, is it possible that i would have gotten it from like 20 seconds of oral and it would just now be showing up? i am still awaiting a test but the planned parenthood here only gives tests once a month and so i have to wait til the 26th.
.....and aren't I going to get a false positive since I already have it on my mouth??
let's wait for your test results and go from there. you aren't likely to have contracted hsv1 genitally if you have it orally.
Ok thanks, lets hope. are there different kinds of hsv1? Like if she has it, could hers be a different strain or something? Jw because i heard thats part of the reason you wouldn't give it to yourself because your body has built up a certain immunity type of thing....
there are different subtypes of hsv1 but it doesn't seem to make a difference in infections. having hsv1 on one body part gives you significant protection against contracting it on other body parts. it's not 100% but it's up there.