Herpes Community
difference between herpes and yeast

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

difference between herpes and yeast

How can you tell the difference between a possible herpes rash and a yeast rash on the head of your penis??

I had unprotected sex with a friend of mine on may 14th and then again on June 4th.  After the 2nd episode, I noticed a red spot on my penis that came and went, and then came back a few days later with more.  These red dots then began to open up, and looked white on the end, they itched alot but did not hurt at all.  I went to an std clinic and was original told it might be herpes but then was tested and was negative for that.  Then I found out the person I was involved with had a yeast infection, and the doctor told me it could be a reaction to that.  Now, almost 4 months later, after some masturbation and sex, I noticed a red spot on the head of my penis, basically in the same location as the original rash.  Then, two more, at the same time this week I caught a cold.  I have a mild fever of 99.7, and the four spots have now opened up a little, and look white on the tips.  Again they do not hurt, or even itch this time, only every once in a while i feel a little tingling.

Could this be yeast again or herpes??
Oh...and the girl has been tested for all std's and does not have any.  
did you ever follow up with testing at the appropriate times post encounter to see what your herpes status was?

grace
No, I have not, when are the appropriate times to follow up?
A type specific herpes igg blood test can be gotten any time after 3 months post encounter.