Herpes Community
difference between herpes and yeast
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

difference between herpes and yeast

How can you tell the difference between a possible herpes rash and a yeast rash on the head of your penis??

I had unprotected sex with a friend of mine on may 14th and then again on June 4th.  After the 2nd episode, I noticed a red spot on my penis that came and went, and then came back a few days later with more.  These red dots then began to open up, and looked white on the end, they itched alot but did not hurt at all.  I went to an std clinic and was original told it might be herpes but then was tested and was negative for that.  Then I found out the person I was involved with had a yeast infection, and the doctor told me it could be a reaction to that.  Now, almost 4 months later, after some masturbation and sex, I noticed a red spot on the head of my penis, basically in the same location as the original rash.  Then, two more, at the same time this week I caught a cold.  I have a mild fever of 99.7, and the four spots have now opened up a little, and look white on the tips.  Again they do not hurt, or even itch this time, only every once in a while i feel a little tingling.

Could this be yeast again or herpes??