Herpes Community
discolored, leathery patches of skin on scrotum -pictures-

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Hi, I have patches of discolored skin on my scrotum. I'm concerned that it could be herpes or genital warts in its early stages. It doesn't itch, painless and no tingling. I have never engaged in sexual intercourse without a condom but I know HSV and HPV are transmitted through skin to skin contact and I'm afraid I have caught something. The day I noticed it was when I had a sore throat and a slight fever but I had a night of heavy drinking and smoking and live in cold weather. Is the sore throat caused by the night of heavy drinking and smoking or because of this rash/std?

Thank you all for your time.

http://imgur.com/a/bQCJj - here are the pictures
Hey man, it could most likely be eczema. I would keep an eye out. I don't think it is anything that you should be worried about.
We don't allow pictures on this forum. You should get this checked out for peace of mind. Herpes is typically multiple painful blisters on the genitals, and what you describe doesn't sound like herpes. If you shave then it could be folliculitis or irritation from the razor. Be seen by a doctor to have the area swabbed as soon as possible. If you don't get it swabbed then have a HSV type specific IgG blood test taken three months post exposure.

Herpes typically presents symptoms within 2-21 days post exposure. When was your last sexual encounter?

You really can't rely on a visual examination to be accurate since visual examinations are only correct about 30% of the time in regards to herpes. Folliculitis is not too difficult to identify, so if it is in fact clogged hair follicles then your doctor should be able to distinguish between the two.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers