Herpes Community
do these symptoms sound like a herpes outbreak?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I've been stressed out the last 4 weeks after I let a guy perform oral sex on me (I'm a 26 year old female) and scared I caught something from him and after the encounter I started having these symptoms...

3 weeks ago I had a really bad sore neck/muscle strain that lasted about two weeks. (this could have been from driving on a road trip however)
2 weeks ago I had a small night sweat and a few days after that I had a big drenching night sweat.
A week ago I developed a mild sore throat with a red spot in the back of my throat
5 days ago my ears started hurting and still do when I swallow and especially when I wake up
For the last  week I've had really bad headaches and been feeling dizzy. I also heard some water in my ear a few days ago
3 days ago I started feeling severe itching near my anus so I looked in the mirror and noticed a swollen lump of skin that goes from my anus to the top of my perineum.. It also had a blister like thing at the top with white spots that looked like pus. I took warm baths and now it is almost gone
Yesterday I noticed my left lymph node in my groin was slightly raised and swollen
I've been feeling weird aches in that region for the past few days and pains down my left leg as well
I've also been really tired and depressed

I have hsv 2 for years, but I don't think I have had an outbreak before.. If I did, it was probably mild and I didn't notice, but this time it was really really itchy.. I just looked again and the area where the bump was is now just red with nothing raised.. It just looks like a weird circle cut

Does this sound like symptoms of a herpes outbreak?
it's best to get seen and have this looked at. your upper respiratory symptoms sound like the common colds that are going around this time of the year. your genital symptoms don't sound like your hsv2 reoccurring so get it checked out.

since it wouldn't be unusual for anything going on in the genital area ( as well as general illness ) to trigger a hsv2 recurrence, if you aren't on suppressive therapy, not a bad idea to take a round of antivirals too.

grace
okay thanks. Do you know if ear infections or colds can cause swollen lymph nodes in the groin?
no they don't but you have pus coming from these genital symptoms so whatever is causing that would. make sense?
Yes I have no idea what would cause this pus.. Do any stds cause that?
make an appointment and be seen to get accurate answers.
Okay I will.. Just one more question sorry I'm still freaking out. Do herpes lesions have whitish circles in them like dots? Cuz I had the one raised red lesion with the whitish clear spots on it and then after a day it was gone and now it's just like a red spot of raw skin and when I pee it burns it a little but it doesn't itch anymore. Seems to be healing fast. Is that what herpes does? Thanks for your time and help I appreciate it
And forgot to add that I have to small swollen lymph nodes in the groin now but they are shrinking
Two*^
I removed your other post - please keep all your questions in this post as we ask in our read before posting post on the forum.

I know it's hard not having answers but already 2 days has passed since you posted this and really nothing we can add until you've been seen and have a better idea of what is going on. Many genital infections present very similarly which is why a proper exam is so helpful and important.  when it comes to herpes, being seen sooner rather than later is most helpful for answers.  Even though oral sex is low risk for std's, you can contract infections from it - both of the std and non-std related kind.  at  this point you need properly tested for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally as well as since it's been long enough, err on the side of caution and get swabbed for gonorrhea and chlamydia too.  if you didn't take a round of antivirals at this point, no need to do so since things are healing.

I'm going to assume that you were originally diagnosed with a blood test. I will gladly help you with those test results to make sure that you were properly diagnosed if you can call this week and get the actual test results - e.g hsv1 igg 8.9 and hsv2 igg 3.2 or whatever they were.
okay thanks I am just scared and have a lot of anxiety the past 5 weeks.. mostly scared that I caught hiv from this incident even though mostly everyone on here said that receiving oral sex is low risk for hiv I feel like I could be very unlucky as I have been before with other things... I know I have hsv 2 and yes I was diagnosed with a blood test. I would rather have my symptoms and my problem be a herpes outbreak rather than some new kind of std so that's why I was just wondering if swollen groin glands and what my blister looked like are common symptoms of hsv 2

I will go in a week to get tested for everything to ease my mind even though my lymph nodes and my sore is almost gone
get your test results for me to look at too so we know that you were properly tested originally.