Herpes Community
does herpes cause hives?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

does herpes cause hives?

i went to the hostptial a year ago because i had hives all over my body, the stores wern't open, they gave me benidril, they also told me that i had herpes. they said herpes causes hives, but i want to confirm it since i havent found any other internet site telling me that's it's true. it's the only reason i can think of for the hives as well, and i havent had hives since that day. also that 1st outbreak was very painful, and i figured out later that i must have had the herpes before i went to the hospital for at least 2 weeks not knowing because i was haveing pain down there, but i thought it might have been from my pants rubbing on my genital, i told everyone and they said they didnt kno why. also its amazing how quick a large sore can develope from nothing at all to a large sore over night. thanks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
so how did they determine that you have genital herpes? Have you had any testing done?

genital herpes won't cause you to have hives all over your body.

grace
Blank
they looked at me and could see the herpes on my vagina, inner thight, and butt cheeks, i had an outbreak, i was painful, but at the hospital moment, i was more concered with the itchy hives.  why did the nurse tell me that it did cause the hives then?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
I have no idea why you were told it causes hives.

You need to pursue a further work up to find out what is going on. You can't accurately diagnose genital herpes by the way you were diagnosed - especially not with hives all over the place to boot.  At this point a type specific herpes igg blood test would be the best place to start.

Have you had any genital symptoms since all this?

grace
Blank
Actually it is very easy to diagnose genital herpes by sight and symptoms. It is very unique as far as the types of sores, duration, and secondary symptoms. And yes it can cause hives because of the lowered immune system, elevated white blood cell count, and stress.
Blank
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979