Herpes Community
does my wife got Coldsores after 15 years of marriage?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

does my wife got Coldsores after 15 years of marriage?

Dear Medhelp,

Thank you for this wonderful website. Hi, I am 40. I got primary cold sores episode perhaps 7-8 years ago but only till a couple of months ago realized that it was HSV1. Since The 1st episode, I think I got about total 6-7more episodes. I never sure where I got it from, because my wife was my first and only kiss.These recurrences were very mild. However about 1 month ago my wife had this pimple like spot on the border of her lower left lip. The spot never crusted and she didn't do anything about it for about 1 week then she put oxy (benzoil peroxide) and spot cleared in 2 days. When I looked at the spot, It didn't really look like a cold sore, based on my experience, except for the location. However, 3 weeks after the spot/acne/sore dissapear, last friday she told me she got another one this time on her lower right lip  just after she woke up. She popped it open and told me it was fat not liquid. and then put another acne medication (benzoil peroxide). The spot dissapear again but left some like scar because it was popped and not fully healed yet. My wife never experience any pain, prodome or other sensation, The first episode, she tried to pop it too but couldn't. I have been feeling awful because i am thinking i am the one causing this.

My questions are:
1. Does my wife have coldsores? after all these times we've been together?
2. Ever since I know I got HSV1, i have been very paranoid i might give it to my sons. Just this morning my 1 year old accidentally touched my lips (i have no sores) then touched his eyes. I immediately washed them. WIll he get ocular HSV?
3. What will this do, suppose my wife does get cold sore, to our sex lives? mainly oral sex.
4. If this is herpes, is it common to have outbreak this often on 2 separate locations and it's very mild?

Thank you very much for your time.

a very concerned hubby

101028_tn?1348750963
at this point, you probably never will figure out who gave it to whom. not many of us get through life without hsv1 orally and most folks who have it, don't get obvious cold sores to know it.

your wife's current lip issues don't sound like oral herpes going on.

if it matters to you both, you can seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing.

http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/std-sti/Herpes/oral-herpes.html  is a terrific link for more reading.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank