Herpes Community
dormant herpes
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dormant herpes

i was diagnosed with herpes 2 in june 09. i have no symptons. the physican stated it was dormant. i tested for the antiibodies in my bloodwork/ the lab misplaced my results and it took almost 2 months to get the results. i have a history of sjorgens syndrome, thyroid problems, and myofascial pain. i also had shingles in 08. is it possible to  be a false negative bc of my autoimmune conditions? i was placed on the medication bc of my autoimmune conditions to help suppress any outbreaks and because it is dormant and im on the medication and never had an outbreak do you reveal this information to a potential sexual partner?  thank you very much
Related Discussions
101028_tn?1348750963
You either have herpes or you don't - there's not a dormant infection with it.

Yes, if you have hsv1 or hsv2, you need to be talking about it with a partner prior to sex regardless of what precautions you are taking.

I can best help you if you get a copy of your blood test results and post them here - ie hsv1 igg 3.2 and hsv2 igg 6.7 or whatever they are to make sure you were properly tested and don't need any additional confirmatory testing done.

grace
Blank
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity