Herpes Community
equivocal results on early detection herpes test
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

equivocal results on early detection herpes test

I recently had sex with a woman for the second time in six months.  One week after,  I got a bit concerned about diseases and I got the whole panel of test done.  All the tests came back negative except the 'early detection' herpes which came back as equivocal with a result of .93 which is greater than .90--which apparently would be negative.  The test results center said this meant I had recently been infected with herpes.  The test results person was pretty assertive about this result being a sure sign of recent infection of herpes. I have not had any of the 'classic' symptoms either orally or genitally but am obviously now scared.  They said I should go back for another test in 5 weeks.  I'm confused in the sense of why go back for another test if this test so positively identifies that I am infected?  Is this fear warranted as I don't want to spread it?