Herpes Community
exposed

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

exposed

I had been dating a guy for 8 months that had 2 break outs of herpes in the past 3 years, none while we dated. We used condoms every time having sex and we were careful.  I recently broke up with him and after a few months have decided to start dating again. So I was going to be responsible  before dating to have blood work to show I was ok and that I had not gotten herpes.  During those 8 months I went in a couple of times because I was concerned about having herpes but  they turned out just to be ingrown hairs. Now ever today when I called to make an appointment for blood work they told me that when they sent the test in on the ingrown hairs (sores) that the test on the sores came back negative for the herpes but that it showed I was exposed to herpes 2.  What does that mean?? The nurse told me that I would give herpes to anyone I had unprotected sex with. Is this true?  I've decided tomorrow to have blood work anyway hoping it will show something different.  Can anyone help me, give me any advise please
continue to follow up on the std experts forum where you paid to ask questions.
Thanks, question is the fee a one time fee or fee for each question
it's a fee for that line of questions. you can keep asking questions until they tell you no more questions, this thread is closed  or I think it's 56 days - whichever comes first.
Hi I was hoping to ask you another question.

My IgG is 1.18 the doctor on the expert forum suggest the Western Blot test and to have it done at University of Washington. Says it could be a false positive so I went to a different doctor (because mine has put me though hell this week).  He agreed but because I did have unprotected two weeks ago with an old friend so I'm waiting until the end of the month.

I've had HSV 1 since my 20's and last July I had the worse breakout ever and my doctor gave me valtrex 1MG which I took 2 pills twice a day.  I'm starting a bad breakout and have been taking L Lysine which usually nips it fast. It's not working which I sure is from stress and not eating well this week.  

My question is if I start taking valtrex now will that effect results of the Western Blot test I'm going to take at end  of month. would ask doctor on forum but after about six question he closed my thread. If you can't answer my question  I understand.  
Thanks so much
you have to wait at least 4 months after you last had sex to seek out the WB.  

you can take a round of valtrex ( 1 day dose for cold sores ) but don't start suppressive therapy at this point. does that make sense?
Hi I have a few questions that has come up. My WB test came out Negative which which I'm so thankful for. Also I wanted to thank you for your help.
new question Im back with my boyfriend that has herpes. how easy is it to transmit by fondling  him and then myself. Also if he can't take suppressive therapy because of other medication that can hard his liver and Migraines does it do me any good to take them.  He's doctor won't prescribe for him. Then theres me I get ingrown hairs easy am I at higher risk to get if I have one?

besides suppressive therapy, condoms what else can we do.  He's only has had 2 breakouts in over 5 years. When a person sheds do they only shed where there was a sore? Theres so much area not protected with a condom I'm concerted.

Again thanks for your help. Its wonderful there's people like you to help with questions.  Its so hard to date after divorce and I was married for 33 years, this is all so new
thanks