Herpes Community
fissures or herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

fissures or herpes?

I am a 21 year old male

I recently had an encounter with a transgendered woman/man. the day after my penis head would start to sting, this sting was constant and did not flucuate too much while urinating. Also there was small amount of discharge. I went to get checked out and tested negative for ghonorrhea and chlamidyia. They treated me for both however, and the discharge and stinging subsided in my penis. Frekaing out because the thought of an STD or some type of fungal infection, i went out and bought some jock itch soap with tea tree oil in it as the active ingredient. this made my penis, scrotum very dry. then i noticed my anus started to itch. I went and got checked again (for the third time) to see if there were any signs of herpes (havent gotten tested because there have been no blisters to culture and the blood test wouldnt produce a viable result until 4 months from now). the RN at my school did a rectal exam and saw that it was irritated and dry so she prescribed my clotrimazole for a yeats ifnection. I was using that on my scrotum and between my legs, this did help with the dry skin. This was background to this part here: over the weekend i made a BM and then chopped a bunch of woood, working up a sweat; Im not always the greatest at getting every detail on the wipe up and i made another BM afterwards and noticed that i was bleeding, (not tons but a good couple spotters on multiple toilet paper wads) then in the shower it stung like crazy!. I went and got checked out today again and the RN did anothe rrectal exam on me and couldnt really see anything she was pushing around asking where it hurts and she hit the one spot on the bottom of my anus, she spread the skin and noticed a white spot (not raised or open ulcer or anything just a spot) and each side of the spot were two small fissures. She said she thinks that it is not herpes but I wont know for sure until i produce a blister or get test in March 2011, it only hurts when i wipe after wards it is noticble but it isnt a searing pain. also i knoticed that there is some undigested food in my stool could be related, but also could not be. I was wondering what anyone thought of this white spot with fissures. any input would be helpful, maybe you have a similar story or some advice. thank you.

PS. I have pretty much scared the pants off me over this herpe scenario
you've been seen multiple times now and no one seems to think you have any signs of herpes going on.  

did you use a condom for this encounter?  

grace
No i did not
at this point not much you can do but continue to follow up with your providers as needed.

if your gonorrhea and chlamydia testing was done sooner than 1 week post encounter, consider repeating them too.