Herpes Community
genital herpes or fordyce lesions?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

genital herpes or fordyce lesions?

Recently, I was diagnosed with oral herpes.  I received it from a girl who didn't know that she had it.  I also engaged in unprotected sex with her after kissing her.  About the same time that I was diagnosed with oral herpes, I found a lesion where the head of my penis meets the shaft and one about half way down the shaft.  The were painless unless they rubbed on my underwear.  They healed in about three days.  I have fordyce spots on my penis and I have read that the fordyces can form lesions from friction.  It seems very coincidental that this would happen at the same time as my oral herpes outbreak.  However, everything I have read on genital herpes talks about groups of blisters forming, itching, and sores which take more than three days to heal.  Also, my oral outbreak was very severe.  So, I am wondering how I can tell if i have genital herpes since these sores were so minor and barely noticed.  

This discussion is related to Imflamed Fordyce Spot or STD?.
you tried to post in a post on the experts forum so it was bumped to the p2p forum.

odds are if you had contracted hsv1 genitally that it would've presented with very obvious and painful symptoms. should these symptoms reoccur, be seen for a proper exam but odds are they aren't herpes going on.

grace
I appreciate the response.  I have heard that some people barely develop symptoms though, could that be the case with me?
Could it?  Yes but the fact is a more typical outbreak.  You should still be seen since this could be anything and it needs to be checked.