Herpes Community
genital hsv-1 from somebody having a primary attack

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

A couple of days ago I've had unprotected sex with a girl, it was the first time I had sex with this her. Today she told me that she has her primary HSV-1 genital herpes outbreak, probably due to oral sex she had two weeks before. When we had sex, she also seemed to have a bit of pain when I penetrated her. During the sex this was fine though. Now my question really is, since I have the HSV-1 virus myself (sometimes I have cold sores, ever since my childhood), how big is the chance that I actually got the disease myself? I mean I know that there is a low risk of self-contamination due to your cold sore, but how does it work if you have sex with somebody experiencing her first attack? And if I am infected, would I experience the usual symptoms for a primary outbreak, or would it be different?
Thanks!
this is low risk of you acquiring hsv1 from her genitally. should you develop any obvious genital symptoms in the next week or two, be seen promptly for a proper work up.

grace