Herpes Community
gential hsv1? I

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

gential hsv1? I

Iam 19
I get yeast infections alot. A month ago i had one that wouldnt go away and i had bumps looking like ingrown hair on my private area (vagina) I went to my doctor and results came back that i got hsv1 and not hsv2.  I dont understand how i can have the bumps in my private and its hsv1 not hsv2.  How does that happen? How is is possible to have hsv1 and you have bumps on gential (genital) area?  

I informed my boyfriend and we dont know how to protect ourselves.  We want to be together but we dont know what to do from here to have safe sex from here
Tags: gential hsv1, hsv1, hsv1 vs hsv2
you most likely got genital hsv1 from oral sex. does your boyfriend ever get cold sores on his mouth? does he ever perform oral sex on you?
Yes we have oral sex. I never seen cold sores on him We have been together 9  months I didnt know that you could get gential (genital) herpes from oral sex

So since Iam thinking I got gential (genital) hsv1 from oral sex then does this mean the only difference between gential (genital) herpes 1 and gential (genital) herpes 2 is the way you contracted it?
yes you can definitely get herpes from oral sex. has your boyfriend been tested at all?
there is lots of differences between hsv1 and hsv2. hsv1 tends to reoccur less often, which is great news for you!
Did you have culture or blood test?
A little late but just came across this site. Contracting HSV 1 genitally is as easy as having your partner perform oral sex on you with a cold sore.  Also if you had a cold sore and gave your partner oral sex before he penetrated you. Could even be that he or you had a cold sore and touched it and then touched yourself during intercourse...it can transfer the virus.  I have hsv 1 genitally for 2 years now and have never had an outbreak.  I didn't even know I had it until I went for my pap and regular std check.  My doctor told me it is nothing to be concerned with because as studies have shown that 90% of people are at some point in time exposed to the HSV 1 virus.  I'm a nurse and not overly concerned with the fact that I have the HSV 1 genitially and it hasn't affected my quality of life at all.
did you have a lesion culture of the bumps you had genitally?

your bf will need to seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what his own status is. If you both have hsv1, it won't be an issue at all for your relationship other than to avoid sex anytime you have anything going on genitally just to err on the side of caution.

grace
I dont understand the difference between hsv 1 and 2 when you have hsv1 of the genitals.  How can i pass genital hsv1 to my partner?  I only had a pap smear not the blood test I have my first OBGYN appointment monday I want to know the exact blood test I should ask for to be tested for herpes Can you give me some advice?  
culture only
Can you please tell me whats the difference between hsv1 and genital hsv1?  
hsv1 and hsv2 are different viruses. hsv1 usually affects the facial region and hsv2 usually affects the genital region. hsv1 can affect the genital region however, usually acquired from receiving oral sex from someone with hsv1 orally. does that make sense?
when you have hsv1 in the genitals, rather than its preferred location of the mouth area, it seems to reoccur less often than hsv2 would.
Since i have hsv1 and my first outbreak was genital hsv1; can I  avoid getting genital hsv again by not having oral sex with some one with hsv1 and by not having sex with someone who has hsv2?  Or since Ive already had it on my private area due to having oral sex with someone with hsv1 will I always have the capability of having genital hsv1 outbreaks even if Ihavent been with an affected person?  I guess what Iam trying to ask is now that ive had an out break of gential (genital) hsv1 is there a chance that ill get outbreaks on my private area no matter what i do. Now that Ive had an outbreak of genital hsv1 will i always be infected with hsv in my genital area no matter what I do? I hope you can understand my question This is really hard to understand
Yes I had a lesion culture of the bumps and was told I have hsv1 And yes now my boyfriend has found out he has hsv1

Will I always have the chance of getting an outbreak of  genital hsv1 now that Ive had an outbreak of genital hsv1 even if I never have any form of sex?

Is it true since i had an outbreak of genital hsv1 already
there will always be a chance ill have an outbreak in the future even with medication or abstinence from sex?

I know ill always have a chance of having oral herpes because i do have hsv1

I want to know now that ive had genital hsv1 will i  now always have the risk of having another genital outbreak no matter what?

Or if i stay away from oral sex with someone with hsv1 and stay away from having sex with someone with hsv2, then will I just suffer with my hsv1 orally?

If your bf has hsv1 and you have hsv1, it's a non-issue for the most part in your relationship. his oral hsv1 gives him significant protection against contracting your hsv1 genital infection. always err on the side of caution and avoid sex anytime you have anything going on genitally.

yes, you could potentially have recurrences of your genital herpes.  With hsv1 genitally they tend to be less frequent but they can occur.

have you checked out the free herpes handbook by terri warren, our herpes expert here at medhelp? Just google it and it comes right up :)

grace
I just found out my ex has hsv1 herpes and he has had no symptoms but I've gotten pregnant by him and I had an abortion, he performed oral sex I have to is it possible, that I HAVENT contracted the virus?