Herpes Community
help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

help

my boyfriend gave me oral sex while he just started getting a cold sore.  We did not know this at the time.  i do not get genital herpes but i also get cold sores.  I'm concerned i will get genital herpes.  is the likelihood high?  give me good news.
Since you also have hsv1 orally - your risk of contracting it genitally are greatly lowered.  It could happen but it's less likely to happen.  Always err on the side of caution though and don't perform oral with an obvious cold sore of course.

Should you develop any genital lesions within the next 2-3 weeks - be sure to see your doctor for a lesion culture and typing but chances are good you won't get any.

grace