helpppppp
I have just been diagnosed with HSV 2 . I'm so young and have had 5 partners. I recently got tested because i went to the doctor for a really bad yeast infection, i had symptoms of a yeast infection and bacterial infection, every std screening came back neg except for the herpes. I'm wondering if it could possibly be a false pos? should i go to by obgyn to get tested again? they sent my blood to a lab and said that they found antibodies. and that there was enough for it to be considered pos. the doc said this was an incidental finding and was not related to my yeast/vaginitis that i originally went to the doctor for. could it be something other than herpes? could it be my body fighting off that infection still? I'm only 18, this news has ruined my life and i don't know what to do.
i also forgot to add i developed the infection due to leaving my tampon in for 2 days and having intercourse with it in. i completely forgot i had it in, i know that was extremely irresponsible on my part.
Hi, the answer lies in your test results. If your value was under 3 then it may well be a false positive if you tested around 3 months post exposure.
we can best help if you get your actual test results to post here. there is good herpes testing, not so good herpes testing and also false positives.  you can speak to your provider about seeking out a herpes WB blood test 4 months after you last had sex with anyone to confirm your herpes infection also.

be sure to read the free herpes handbook the read before posting post on the forum suggests too. it's best to be informed before discussing it all with your provider :)
i was tested a week ago, but I'm not sure when i was exposed to it because i didn't have an outbreak i don't think. my doctor never told me numbers and was sort of nonchalant when he told me my results which didn't seem right to me. something gave me a weird feeling about him. should i go get another blood test with my obgyn this week, or should i wait a month or two? and once i get my next results back i will ask for numbers.
If you have the extra money i would retest with a doctor who gives information. Its your life not the doctors and you need to confirm things like hsv2. You can do the bio kit which is hsv2 specific and is just a finger prick with fast results. But the western blot is the best test to take.
when did you last have sex?
a little over 2 weeks ago
you  have to wait at least 3 more months before you test again. don't waste time and money testing too early!
if i was tested right when i was going through a really bad infection could that possibly be a reason why antibodies were found?