Herpes Community
herpe zoster pain?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpe zoster pain?

when i was 9 i had an outbreak that started below my ribs on the right side and wrapped around my back to the left side. ever since then both of my sides have been vey sensitive to the touch, even a light poke. now im 21 and just recently i noticed that if i touch or scratch my ribs they hurt for at least five minutes( pain feels the same as when you scratch yourself hard on a box or something and your skin scrapes a little). Is anyone experiencing the same thing or is it just me? any advice would be great!
have you followed up on this with your doctor at all?

grace
I have mentioned it when the pain was still mild. He didn't seem concerned at all. Im not sure what kind of a Dr. I would go see about this.
you want to follow up  on this with a neurologist. still having zoster related pain all these years later would be very unusual so this is worth a further work up about.