herpes and hep c
i am a 23 year old male .i had a brief unprotected sexual encounter with a 22 year old female friend. this consisted of oral sex and vaginal sex. my status was std free before hers is unknown. after experiencing leg , penis and testicle pain for about 3 weeks and around week 4 one small "pimple" on the shaft of my penis appeared i popped it and it was gone the next day. it had no pain with it , it did look exactly like a pimple but i have herd some herpes does too. i decided to get tested at 5 weeks post exposure. the test came back neg for everything except hep c. naturally i freaked out since i'm not a drug user or anything of the sort and was not expecting that one.  i went to a specialist and explained about the hep c EIA test and he looked at me and said you dont have hep c this was prob an error. he sent me for another hep c screeing which was negative, a riba which was indeterminable (one strand or band reacted) and pcr which was negative and told me that i dont have hep c. this was 6 weeks post exposure.

my questions are is it possible that i do have hep c and it "piggybacked" on the herpes transmitting?
it has been about 9 weeks since possible exposure im awaiting my 8 week herpes test so far no rashes or anything like that. Also my gf has shown know signs of herpes and was at the gyno for an exam and didnt get blood test it is too soon .

I just want you to know that just because you had sex doesn't mean you now have herpes or hep C.  Thank goodness that not every sex act lead to infection for Hep C.   Also its a little hard to get Hep C from sex.  It is usually acquired by anal sex, or something drastic of that nature.   Its understandable that you are feeling anxious about all this because of the first false positive test for Hep C.  

Both Tests should be conclusive at the the 12th week mark.    

The hep specialisst said the pcr ( viral load) is pretty much good after2 weeks my ? Is does hep c piggieback on the herpes vires and do my symtoms suggest herpes or pelvic pain sindrome which i have experienced a few years back. And if the girl had herpes the chances of me getting it from a short one time exposure thank you
Hello again,

Ask your doctor about pelvic pain syndrome.  

Why do you want to know how Hep C virus "piggiebacks" with the herpes virus?  I don't even know if that's an accurate statement to make.   From virology course, I do remember some viruses co-infecting the host cell, meaning that they need each other upon docking the cell to enter the cell; this is not true for Hep C (flavi virus) and the herpes virus.  But I have read some articles on co-infection which is an entirely different meaning.   I doubt any virus ever molecularity piggybacks another virus.    

No more biology questions here.

Well in that case, if the herpes viras was transfered from someone who had hep c, would it be likely that the hep c virus transfered with it. Seeing as otherwise its pretty hard to get sexually.
If I were you, I would worry about HIV rather than anything else. As many of these posters are going on abut, Hep C hasn't been fully proven to be transmitted through sex if there is no blood in sight from either partner along with obvious cuts.

Also, wear a condom for all intercourse till you are trully sure that the person you are going to boink is stable. Seriously, don't play "To Catch An HIV" with your life!! :P