Herpes Community
herpes? balanitis?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

herpes? balanitis?

for the past 6 months i've had a reccuring rash on the glans (glands) of my penis. it happens sometime out of nowhere and a lot of the time the next day after having sex. it doesn't itch and it doesn't burn, but it is slightly tender. as of late there's been a bit of a dull ache, but that may just be in my head. i've used lotrimin a lot and it hasn't done much if anything at all, so im almost sure its not fungal. it hasn't ever turned into a blister or scabbed over, it just goes away. however, it does occur on the same exact spot everytime. my girlfriend tested positive for hpv, though ive never shown any symptoms before this and we've been having sex for a few years.  should i be worried about herpes?
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
additionlly, i am uncircumsized.
Blank
you two have been having sex for years, pretty some obvious herpes symptoms would've showed up in either of you two if you did have herpes.
i wouldn't worry
Blank
pretty sure*
Blank
but i just started having these symptoms about 6 months ago
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
odds are that neither of you have ever been tested for herpes to know your status. while herpes is on your minds, you should both seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing to see who has what.

this sounds more like irritation more than anything but follow up on it properly with your provider. since it is occurring most often after sex, make sure you are using a good sex lube for sex too to see if that helps.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank