Herpes Community
herpes infection

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes infection

Hi im here to ask a question about herpes infection, on feb 1 of this year i had protected sex with a csw, two weeks later i came down with a flu and severe body aches and realized i had 11 little red painful bumps behind my right knee i ignored it thinking it was spider bites. So on feb 25 i went back to the same csw to have sex with her again (protected) so when she was in the doggy position i saw two red bumps on her anus i freaked out and pulled out immediately. So i got home really freaked out and i realised those little red bumps behind my knee were herpes not confirmed yet but im pretty sure. I have never had a single outbreak on my penis or those red bumps never appeared behind my knee again till today, i went to get an hiv test 10 weeks after exposure and it was negative i asked if they can do a herpes test but since i didnt have an outbreak during that time they couldnt. So last month i got a big painful pimple in my pubic area above my penis not on my penis, so i squeezed it and puss with blood came out and a month has passed by and the pimple healed but the area still itches. But what concerns me is that since may i have a burning sensation around my nose no blisters pop up its just a burning itching sensation i have till this day it comes and goes but most of the time it burns, ive noticed that when im doing physical activity the burning subsides but when im lying in bed it starts to burn again im afraid to go to the doctor, my eyes also burn and are red since may and my eyes were white very white before all this happened . so my question is can a herpes outbreak last almost a year, im afraid i might have hiv because of ghe burnin sensation around my nose for almost a year now i dont know what to do im scared , i came to terms with having herpes but i hope i dont have hiv thank you for your time
Hi Worried, do your shave your genitals? Also from  what you describe you dont have herpes. You would not have an outbreak on the back of your leg as the back of your leg was not part of the doggie style. Also you did not have oral sex with her so your facial symptoms are unrelated. If your worried then go see a doctor as this is really stressing you out.. You say you have come to terms that you have HIV, your really losing it and need to relax about this or go have a doctor confirm your ok
thank you for your response i will have to go to the doctors .
you need to follow up with type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your herpes status is for starters.  you don't have to have obvious symptoms present to get igg blood testing done.

herpes will not cause your eyes to be red.

you had protected sex so no reason to think you have hiv and you've also tested negative too to confirm this for you.

did you also follow up with syphilis testing too after your encounter?

grace
when i went into the std clinic they tested for everything and told me if something came up they would gime a call but they necer called. Im afraid to go back. What also worrys me alot is the burning sensation ive been having around my nose for the past 10 months non stop. The only way it stops is if im doing some physical movement but when im still just sittin it starts to burn again , can herpes last this long on mu nose? im really confused and im paying now for my moment of heat . im sorry for not replying quick but ive been workin , Thank you for your response grace . please any opinion on what can be causing the burning sensation sround my nose for these past 10 months thank you
grace if the burning sensation around my nose is due to herpes can it last 10 months just burning non stop , i havent seen any blisters but the burning sensation bothers me .its a burning sensation with an itchy sensation , thank you grace for your time
herpes will not cause symptoms non-stop for months and they won't get better when moving around and not thinking about them.

follow up regularly with a dermatologist or an ENT specialist to try to figure out what is going on around your nose.
thank you for your time grace