Herpes Community
herpes? ingrown hair? what is this?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes? ingrown hair? what is this?

Last week I noticed that I had a bump on my labia majora. It was somewhat flat at the surface, but underneath the skin, it felt like a hard ball. I could never get the bump to fully pop, it would only pop a little bit at a time. A little bit of blood would come out, and also a clear liquid. I went to the gyno and she said it probably isn’t a herpe outbreak, but she took a culture (test) of it just to be sure. Until she calls me with the results, I’m worried sick. Any input would be great. Thanks!
Take a deep breath, dear. You'll be fine. Unfortunately, herpes presents in a number of different ways, so there's really no way to determine from your description whether or not it is indeed herpes.

Hopefully, you went to get your bump swabbed by your doctor before too much time had passed. If you waited too long, you can get a false result on the test.

Hang in there and wait for your results - please try not to worry.

thank you! i'm trying to stay as calm as possible, though it isn't easy!
You'll be just fine.