Herpes Community
herpes lesion heal time
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

herpes lesion heal time

Hi,

I've seen some conflicting information from Dr HHH and Dr Hook regarding HSV lesion heal time. I've seen Dr Hook say it can heal quickly -- even in hours --, whereas Dr HHH says symptoms rarely if ever heal in less than a week.

Which is true? I get recurrent cuts in my anogenital area that come and go very quickly -- a day or 2. I've been antibody tested, but I don't buy that I don't have hsv because I know the tests miss 1/10 for HSV1, which is the type I believe I have.

If it is possible for lesions to heal this quickly, I believe I have further evidence I have HSV. I was just wondering which is true.

This discussion is related to Herpes concern, with negative tests.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1174003_tn?1308164419
I have never seen Dr. Hook say it can heal within hours.  I am sure he would have corrected himself if he say that.  The skin takes time to heal.  

Your cuts could be anything.  Be seen when you get symptos for a lesion culture.
Blank
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/recurring-papercut-type-tear-on-my-penis-shaft---herpes/show/585017

In this thread, the person claims his "cut" clears up in 12-14 hours and Dr Hook says: "Recurrences can heal that rapidly.  AS for could you have gotten HSV without an initial episode -yes, it happens."

Whereas, Dr. HHH says it takes at least a week.
Blank
1174003_tn?1308164419
Something like a Papercut may "heal" that quickly.  Which if you think about it yeah you cut your finger with paper it heals kind of quickly.

You need to be seen when you have these cuts and have them cultured.  In all honesty thats the only way you can confirm herpes or not.
Blank
Yeah, thanks Mistakeguy. I have had them cultured and its been negative. I just can't figure out what the heck this is.

I appreciate your help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank