Herpes Community
herpes like symptoms, but tested negative

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I have had herpes like symptoms consisting of pain down the back of my leg (only to light touch), blisters and pain on my penis, and tingling in the area prior to any out breaks. This has happened off and on enough to formulate a pattern of pain then breakouts. I have been recently tested, through blood testing, and all of my STD tests were negative. It has been 3 months since my testing and I just started to get the symptoms again. Friction seams to start the process. Can you guide me towards what this might be or if the blood test was not the best method for the testing of herpes? This way I can have some insight as to what my doctor's focus should be on finding out what's going on. Also, I heard this could be some form of chicken pocks even though I have had them when I was a child. Not too sure about that one. Thanks for your time.
If you have obvious blisters then you need to go and get them seen and tested while they are there.

also confirm that you were even tested for herpes with your std testing and that it was a type specific herpes igg blood test that you had done.

some form of chicken pox would be herpes zoster aka shingles. It hardly ever reoccurs so it's doubtful that it's the cause of your repeated symptoms.

grace
I was tested and was told over the phone that everything was negative. When I got tested I let them know I wanted every test they had for STD's. The reason why they told me over the phone was that much time had passed from test to my results (over a week maybe two). That's when I found out they only call you if you are positive on a test. It's one of those no news is good news systems, I guess. So, is there a more accurate type of test or do I need to go into the doctors the next time blisters form? Just curious if something else could have the same herpes type symptoms also? Thanks for devoting time to answer all of these questions people ask and the possible redundancy of answering the same things over and over again for people like me; that don't really read up to see if this has already bean answered in the abyss of comments.

Bill
Even if you ask for "everything", most times, herpes is not included.  Ask for copies of your tests to make sure.

Aj