Herpes Community
herpes on finger

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes on finger

Was told that performing fourplay on a man with your hand was safe. Guess i was wrong. Turns out i had a cut on my finger and my partner had genital herpes which i didnt know about and now i have been infected with oral herpes. why was i told doing this was safe?  Just thankful i didnt get genital.
How where you diagnoised?  
went to dr with infected finger which was so painful , had a culture done came back pos for herpes. went and had a blood test. positive for oral herpes not genital. partner was tested.pos for both. i have some luck
I think you are confusing site with type from the sounds of things.

when you had the culture done on your finger, did it come back as hsv1 or hsv2 or just plain herpes and not typed?

How long after you had the rash did you have the blood test done? did your partner have a herpes igg blood test done to know their status?

An open cut on your hand does increase your risk for whitlow from manual stimulation.

grace
The blood test on me came back positive for hsv1 and neg for hsv2. When my doctor gave me my results for the culture he just said i was pos for the herpes virus and then ordered the bloodwork. Ive never had a breakout since then anywhere else. But i am hsv1 positive which was explained to me that I am positive for oral herpes and not genital.
you can have hsv1 either orally or genitally.

are you still in contact with the person in question to get them tested? otherwise if your lesion culture wasn't typed, you need to repeat your blood test 3 or 4 months post encounter.

grace
my gyn told me i tested positive for hsv1 oral not genital. my bloodwork came back positive for hsv1 not hsv2. im am very confused. The only way i think i contracted hsv1 on my hand is from the genital area of my partner from manual stimulation. so i must have been exposed genitally. maybe you can explain something. when u test positive for hsv1 how do they know where you have it. is it from the outbreak site that they say oral hsv1 or genital hsv1. ive never had an outbreak genital or any other outbreak since the one on my hand. i just want to know if i can still be infected in my mouth and my genital area. How do they know. where can i go other than my gyn to find information about this.
yes I completely understand that your blood work is hsv1+. . If they didn't type your lesion culture though, it was too early to determine from the blood testing that you had hsv1 on your finger.  It can take several months for a newly acquired infection to show up on the blood tests so you will have to repeat your igg blood test 3-4 months after you first noticed symptoms on your finger if they did not type your culture.  If your partner gets tested and finds out their status, it will help with figuring out what type you probably have too.  

give your doctor a call monday and ask if they typed your finger culture too.

grace