Herpes Community
herpes on my cervix

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes on my cervix

thank you Grace for your service.  I was wondering if you could tell me; I keep reading that most women will have herpes on their cervix (approx. 80% I think).  The literature (on the internet) says that many women may only have sores on their cervix and then the only symptom would be white watery discharge.  Can you speak on this at all in your experience.  As this is my problem, with this white watery discharge, I'm wondering if thats what's going on.  I've been tested for everything else and we can't come up with a solution.  This has been happening for three months now, every since an episode of unprotected sex.  Would the sores heal if they were on the cervix, and if so, shouldn't the discharge have stopped?  thank you again.
Tags: herpe, cervix
Discharge associated with herpes would not continue for 3 months. There would be definite periods of no discharge for a few weeks in between each time.

i assume you've been seen and examined and no one has seen anything on your cervix to boot from the sounds of things too.

grace
Thank you Grace for you answer.  No, your'e right, the std clinic I went to didn't say anything about sores when they took a swab for the other std's.  However, they don't really test for HSV at the clinic I went to.  When I asked about herpes, they pretty much dismissed it and said if I wanted to be tested, I'd have to go somewhere and pay for it.  

I think what happens is, we (me anyways) are so desperate for answers, and are feeling so alone, that although we don't know you, we feel like you may be the only one out there for us. It's a weird mental thing...the anxiety brings out the worst in some of us!!  What you do is so important...just being someone at the other end of this computer who can give answers to our many questions.  I'm so appreciative.  
I accept payments in donuts, ritter sport chocolates and booze :)  Of course this week I"m obsessed with eggs so maybe laying hens would be best? he he he  How I'll keep the dogs from eating the chickens and their eggs is beyond me though.  

It is very hard when you aren't sure if your provider is doing all that they can do.  I think we all have friends who went somewhere and they told them one thing and then they went somewhere else later and found out that the 1st provider was totally off base as well as if you read enough posts around here, you start to wonder if anyone out there knows how to deal with something as simple and as common as genital herpes!!!  At this point since the std clinic isn't finding anything, see a regular gyn for further evaluation.  

Gotta love being female eh?

grace
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers