herpes on nose
Hi. This may sound odd. I have two spots on the tip of my nose which are hsv infections spread from a coldsore. Unfortunately, I now have seem to have permanent redness at those two spots (at least 1 year and they have not healed). On occasion, I also get a slight blister at each spot so I know it is hsv. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the redness? It is really affecting my life as people see it and shy away form me.....
Thanks for any help......
Besides a cover up makeup, I would go see a dermatologist ASAP!! It doesn't seem like this is herpes anyhow due to the fact it wouldn't take camp and live on the tip of your nose. It could outbreak there but not live. Something else is going on here. Go see a Dr ASAP..
Thanks for the response. I will schedule an appointment asap...
I am sure it is herpes. I have used abreva on it and the small blister goes away but the redness in the skin remains. It is almost like the skin is damaged/discolored from the outbreak....
I have the exact same issue.  Did the redness ever go away? What was helpful?
Herpes does not have to "live" at a site to have a recurrent outbreak there. An outbreak can occur anywhere on the skin that is fed by the nerve bundle where the virus lives. In the case of the nose, it's the same virus that causes oral cold sores, traveling up a different nerve to the nose.
First, make sure it's herpes, rather than guessing. The very next time you have a fresh blister, go and have it swabbed right away, before 48 hours is up, to avoid a false negative.

Are you on antivirals? You might see your doctor and tell him you get herpes cold sores, that your prodrome never seems to cease, and that it's possible the virus is never dormant. Ask him to let you try treating the redness with antivirals.
What is prodrome?
A bit more of my story....I have had herpes outbreaks in my nose for about 20 years. About 2 years ago I had a huge blister on the outside of my nose. In the past six months I've been getting smaller red bumps in the same spot. It's strange because its not a large blister. It's more like a mini blister. The redness hasn't gone away. Sometimes it's slightly better or worse. Also, the smaller blisters have been constant for about 6 months now. I hate it! Also, I think I've passed it to my boyfriend through kissing. I take a maintenance dose of acyclovir, and I've tried acyclovir creams, herbal topical solutions, zinc oxide, zinc glutamate, lysine tablets, and lemon balm tablets. I'm not sure if any of these things have significantly helped. Has anyone else had a similar issue? What has helped you?